2.1

2007 Ford Fusion wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Fusion:

2007 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jun 242016

Fusion

The first incident with my 2007 Fusion brakes occurred June 23, 2016. I was going down a side street near my home about 20 mph in the day time when I noticed a woman tumbling into traffic from her bicycle. I stopped suddenly to avoid running over her. I stopped to help her but afterwards as I continued on my way I noticed my brakes were very squishy. I had to press extra hard at each intersection to get them to stop. I had the brakes repaired at brakes plus. I was told the master cylinder needed replacement and the brakes flushed.

- Parker, CO, USA

Jan 092017

Fusion

My 2007 Fusion frequently has soft brakes, the brake pedal feels squishy and goes down to the floor and I am unable to stop within my desired stopping distance. This usually happens when the car is in motion on city streets however last night it happened in my garage. It has happened several times (June 24, 2016 through Jan 9, 2017) and I do not feel safe driving my car. I have had 2 master cylinders, brakes flushed 2 times, 2 new front rotors, and paid for diagnostic testing but the only code displayed was that the car needed new spark plugs.

- Parker, CO, USA

May 252011

Fusion

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while having the tires checked, she was notified that the rear passenger's side tire pressure valve stem sensor was defective, causing the tire to deflate. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician stated that the valve stem was cracked and the tire needed to be replaced. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure but did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 8,295 and the current mileage was 13,250.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Jun 012011

Fusion

SE V6, tires: When I inflate the tires to the pressure recommended by Ford on the door sticker, the result is rapid tire wear on the outsides of the tires (under inflated). When I inflate the tires according to the tire manufacturers recommendation on the sidewall, the tires do not wear out on the outside (under inflated), nor in the middle (over inflated). Ford recommends a tire pressure that is 9 psi lower than the tire manufacturer recommends. Apparently they did not learn from Firestone that the tires can fail due to overheating when they are under inflated, resulting in blow outs at freeway speed and deaths due to the resulting accidents. Nor did they change their ways as a result of damage awards for lawsuits due to under inflated Firestone tire failures. Perhaps the damage awards were too small.

- Cedar Rapids, IA, USA