1.9

2008 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford Fusion:

2008 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Apr 242016

Fusion

The problem initially began because I had to brake hard to avoid an accident on the freeway and the brakes failed. After restarting the vehicle the brakes went back to normal. A week later as I was driving down a street, I braked normally to pull in to a business parking lot and the brakes failed almost completely. The pedal went down to the floor and would not stop the vehicle in a safe distance. Also, they had a spongy feel. They would not properly grip until I turned the car off and then on again. Had there been another vehicle in front of me I would have hit them, or if this happened on a local freeway here in houston, tx it could be potentially fatal. After researching the problem, I learned that many other individuals have had the same exact issue. The problem appears to be a faulty ABS modulator.

- Houston, TX, USA