3.5

2009 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

2009 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jun 042014

Fusion

Tried to open the driver's side door. Nothing happened. Had to roll down window to open door from outside. Glad my battery was not dead. Took off panel and saw the cheap plastic handle was broken.

- Spring, TX, USA

Mar 252010

Fusion

One or both hydraulic struts on the trunk lid has failed. This causes the trunk lid to not hold its own weight and slams down creating a potential safety concern. Took it to the dealer who did not have the part. Currently waiting on relpacement part (hopefully an improved version). This complaint filed for general consumer awareness only. Fairly confident the dealer will fix this concern.

- Northville, MI, USA

Jan 282009

Fusion

I decided to buy a new Ford fiesta titanium 1.4I duratec petrol, engine number:8Y00038 and color of my car is grey, on 1th December in 2008 in turkey in hatay ovali Ford vehicle company ( 2009 model)..I paid 29,800 TÜrkish lira( 17678 american dollar) for my car.I have got a lot of advantages with new Ford fiesta, for example exterior and interior styling, easy fuel capless refueling system with mis-fuel inhibit, rain-sensing wipers, auto headlight. Trip computer, electronic automatic temperature control, cruise control etc. Finally, I have got a lot of reason to buy new Ford fiesta because new Ford fiesta is car of the year 2009. When I bought this car two months later, I began to encounter some problem especially paint problem.on my car under the right and left back door has some paint problem but these aren't scrape and scratch problem, some paint began to shedding or splitting, if you see the picture of my car you will understand me easily and I will send you some photo of my car. I know paint warranty; Ford paint surface warranty protects our vehicles paint from corrosion and defective work. This doesn't cover scratches and scrapes caused by the driver. Absolutely I agree with you. But my problem is different and mixed problem. In January I released this problem. I went to turkey/hatay ovali Ford vehicle company. When the representative of paint department look at my car and they said to me we could mend this problem as painting this side. I painted under left back door side after one month later same problem began to appear both under left and right back door again. I went to turkey/hatay ovali Ford vehicle C.

- Antakya/Turkey, 00, USA