2009 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Fusion:

2009 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jan 242012

Fusion

Well what can I say my life flashed before my eyes I all most crashed my brakes failed to work about 1 inch from braking I knew I was not braking at all. I turned off the car while on 39mph and I pulled the emergency brake I have a Ford Fusion 2009. I now know how fast I can lose my life.

- Thousand Palms, CA, USA

Mar 082011

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Fusion. While driving 60 mph, he applied pressure to the brakes and they failed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where the contact was advised that the device that kept the wheels from locking had failed. The vehicle was repaired. The contact did not inform the manufacturer of the failure. The current and failure mileage was 25,000. Updated 05/04/11 updated 05/09/11

- Lakehills, TX, USA

Jun 012010

Fusion

Rear brake calipers hanging up or dragging on 2009 Ford Fusion cause excessive heat and premature brake pad and rotor failure at 37,000 miles.

- Tobyhanna, PA, USA

Aug 262009

Fusion

1908 Ford Fusion rear braking system, brake pads must be replaced at 25,000 miles. Rear rotors must be turned. Ford Motor Company refuses to admit problems after call to review issue with my purchased Fusion in 2008. Loss of rear braking can lead to incident's, crashes and injury. Dealer implied that this is an ongoing problem with Taurus and Fusion.it is my understanding Taurus has been recalled for rear brake problems associated with faulty brake pads.

- Bolivar , OH, USA

Apr 182009

Fusion

Brake malfunction. During sudden stop causing collision.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA