CarComplaints.com Notes: Has the power steering started to show signs of failure in the 2014? Yeah, a little. Am I confident it will become a bigger problem over time? Yeah, a lot.

4.1

2014 Ford Fusion brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fusion:

2014 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jun 292016

Fusion

2014 Ford Fusion titanium 2.0 turbo 5/29/16 coming off freeway @ 70mph went to apply brakes and pedal was hard, unable to slow down on loop. I could have crashed and died due to this failure. Finally pushed pedal with a lot of effort and ABS kicked in to slow me down before the stop sign. Took to dealer on 5/30/16, diagnosis was vacuum pump failure, new part was ordered. 7/5/16 got a call from dealer shop manager who basically said the part would not be covered under warranty because there were metal shavings in the motor behind where the pump sits, claiming dirty oil caused premature engine wear. I went to the dealership to view what he was talking about. I could tell by spinning the pump that the bearings had failed, more than likely disintegrated and the shavings were sitting inside my engine. The manager asked the mechanic if that were possible and he replied yes. He said he replaced 3 recently with the same issue metal shavings behind pump. My car was also in for an oil change. The most irritating thing was being blamed for the problem, he stated my engine will fail and I should trade it in while I was talking on the phone with him prior to going to the dealership. I was blamed and he used scare tactics to try and get me to make a purchase. Never had this happen at a Ford dealer before. Still waiting for the call saying my car is repaired. The manger agreed to replace the pump under warranty

- Monroe, MI, USA

Dec 202015

Fusion

I drive a 2014 Ford Fusion SE with a 1.6L ecoboost and a 6 spd manual transmission. It had approximately 40,500 miles at the time of the incident. Upon reaching a speed of 35-40 mph while accelerating (I shift at 2500 RPM's) I heard two chimes similar to the chimes the car makes when I start it. Once the chimes finished sounding my instrument panel went black except for the needles which all came to a rest into the "off" position". they still remained lit. I had no dashboard lights. My car lost power at the same time and the steering became slightly harder than normal. There was a very small amount of throttle response and then no response. I was able to coast onto a side street where the car completely went dead by the time I came to a stop. Before coming to a stop my brake pedal pushed down easier than normal. At some point before coming to a stop my check engine light came on and then went off once the car died. After staying stopped for a few seconds I restarted the car and continued driving with no issues since. When the car lost power and died there was no stuttering or stalling. The car shut itself off very smoothly. The next day I took the car to my local Ford dealer and they promptly looked at it. After conducting a computer diagnostic check I was informed that there had been a, ┐throttle body incident┐. I was also informed that it appeared that the air filter had not been properly seated into its housing when changed at the 30K mile maintenance interval. They conducted further pinpointing and located particles inside the throttle body which they cleaned off. The dealer updated the PCM and conducted a satisfactory road test. Since the incident I have put several hundred miles onto the car with no issues. I was fortunate this occurred on a road with light traffic and while not traveling at highway speed.

- Oak Island, NC, USA

Jun 012015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the steering wheel felt loose and the vehicle jerked when the brake pedal was engaged. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V250000 (steering). The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000.

- Cleveland , OH, USA

Jan 122015

Fusion 4-cyl

I avoided another vehicle that cut me off on the expressway by honking the horn, slamming on the brakes and quickly changing lanes. As soon as I maneuvered into an empty lane, my vehicles instrument panel went dark, the horn stopped sounding, all gauges went to zero and the car lost all electric power (including steering assist) and the engine stumbled. After a second or two everything on the instrument panel reset. Once everything came back on, the engine was on a reduced power mode and pushing the accelerator to the floor did not make the car accelerate. With the vehicle rapidly loosing speed, I was able to steer the vehicle into the shoulder of the expressway. I shifted the vehicle into neutral and turned the car off by moving the key to "accessory" and then restarted the vehicle. Once restarted, I shifted back into drive and depressed the accelerator. The car accelerated normally and all electronic functions were working. The instrument panel displayed everything normally. There was no "check engine" or other warning lights illuminated and no warning messages were displayed on the instrument panel screen. I drove my car another 6 miles to the dealership with no further issues.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA