CarComplaints.com Notes: Has the power steering started to show signs of failure in the 2014? Yeah, a little. Am I confident it will become a bigger problem over time? Yeah, a lot.

6.6

2014 Ford Fusion lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fusion:

2014 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Sep 232016

Fusion

While driving on the highway my 2014 Fusion cut off. A warning indicator popped up that said "transmission not in park". we had to coast off to the shoulder, fortunately there were no cars in the lane we had to cross to get to the shoulder. Later today (the same day) it happened a second time. The car loses all power. We were driving past the dealership we use, so we left the car with them to be fixed and have the oil changed. We will be waiting for the outcome the first of the week, but felt it necessary to report this since others have had the same issue.

- Chester, MD, USA

Jul 042014

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the low beam became abnormally dim causing the visibility to become poor from a distance. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,000. Updated 04/07/15 updated 11/3/2015

- Wakefield, MA, USA

Aug 302014

Fusion 4-cyl

I was exiting a freeway when I experienced my first problem. In the middle of traffic, my car shut off and I lost most functionality of the vehicle. The dashboard displayed an alert transmission not in park. I was driving normally and did not press any buttons or make any adjustments to the gears. He only thing that was functioning was the brakes and steering wheel, I had no control over the gas. The problem happened again the next day. I was speeding up to get on to the freeway when my car shut off again, displaying the same message. However, this time, because it was night, the lights powered off and it was difficult to see what was ahead of me. I turned on my hazards and was forced to pull over to the side, place the car in park and restart the ignition and continue on. I called about the issue as soon as the Ford dealership opened the next day. They told me to bring it right in. However, the problem happened again before I had a chance to bring it in. I was driving on the freeway when I was trying to pass an 18 wheeler. I successfully passed the truck, but after I did, the power shut off again and I was sandwiched between two 18 wheelers.the next day, I brought the vehicle into the dealership. They took it off my hands for about a week while they tested it for problems. I received a call and the representative said that they fixed a cable that appeared to be loose that might have led to the problem, and also gave the car a software update. I was pleased with the response.a week later I was driving back home when the car shut off again. I immediately drove the car to the dealership. I called the Ford care team and they said they would open a case for a buyback.on Sept 23, I received a voicemail from the dealership saying that they could not fix the vehicle because when they tested it was functioning as it should. They can and will not fix or replace the vehicle.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 122014

Fusion 4-cyl

I went to my dealership in Mexico complaining about the autolamp function, the autolamp is expected from the customer to avoid distraction while driving and conditions like tunnels are ahead it should turn on the lights as you enter or a couple of seconds later, however reality is that the headlights turn on after 13 seconds and that can't be reduced by the dealer, according to the dealer that's how the car was designed (not only for Mexico) and that's a big security risk, in a very dark tunnel 13 seconds it's to late and people could die due to an accident. I encourage Ford Motor Company to take real action to correct and recall this function to be corrected asap world wide, it's incredible that with such good car they missed this little but highly important detail.

- Houston, TX, USA