CarComplaints.com Notes: Has the power steering started to show signs of failure in the 2014? Yeah, a little. Am I confident it will become a bigger problem over time? Yeah, a lot.

2014 Ford Fusion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fusion:

2014 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jan 142015

Fusion

"takata recall" control module did not detect car that ran into me, when the airbags deployed it smashing glass deep into my eyelid and forehead that surgeons did not get all of the glass out of my face due to the airbag smashing it so deep into my face.in motion on the city streets

- St.Louis, MO, USA

Jan 142015

Fusion

Takata recall the 2014 Ford Fusion SE rental car I was driving on 1/14/2015 while driving southbound on hall street with cross street of grimblin road in St. Louis mo. I was struck by another driver traveling northbound who made a U-turn and when the air bag deployed and exploded causing shards of glass and other foreign matter to be embedded in multiple locations on the left side of my face, forehead, eye. Along with eyelid laceration that required stitches with glass still in my eye. Along with disfigurement where my eye was stitched. Dark marks and scars on my face and eye.

- St. Louis, MO, USA

Feb 142016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fusion. While coming to a complete stop at approximately 3 mph, the contact's vehicle was rear ended by another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy and a police report was filed. There were no injuries. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V597000 (air bags, seat belts). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 22,600.

- Fulsom, CA, USA

Nov 122014

Fusion

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V597000 (air bags) and 15V250000 (steering); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Barnegat, NJ, USA

Jun 232015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V597000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable.

- Canfield , OH, USA

Oct 212014

Fusion 4-cyl

I got the information stating I had recall for restraints control module. I called Ford to have it replaced and they said that since my light is not currently on they wont replace it until 3Q 2015. Completely unacceptable and a huge safety concern. I wont drive it in fear that it will fail right before a wreck. I drive 35,000+ a year.

- Frankfort , KY, USA

Jun 052013

Fusion 4-cyl

1. both the check engine light and airbag light come on (at different times) while the car is being driven. 2. when cranking the engine during starting, the cranking time takes about 4-5 seconds. The extended crank time concerns me with respect to the longevity of the starter and battery wear. 3. the vehicle looses power when driving uphill. What's even more upsetting (considering the very low mileage an the issue happening only 3 weeks into ownership) is the fact I've had the car has been to dealership 4 times and every time I'm told there's nothing wrong with the car. I have pictures taken with my cell phone of the check engine and airbag lights on and I'm still not getting any help or consideration. This is very, very frustrating!!

- Huntington, WV, USA

Jul 102014

Fusion

The contact owned a 2014 Ford Fusion. The contact's vehicle was rear ended by another vehicle. The contact's vehicle spun around and the front end was struck by a second vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed and the contact sustained injuries to the tail bone. The manufacturer was notified. The speed was unknown. The failure mileage was 33,000.

- Colfax, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Fusion

Very shortly after first adjusting the steering wheel's tilt and telescope (which may be unrelated), during a short drive, many controls attached to the steering wheel stopped functioning. This included turn signals, cruise control, cell phone controls on the steering wheel, radio volume on steering wheel, and information display controls on the steering wheel. Of these, the turn signals are probably most critical to safe operation. Note that the horn, and the windshield wiper/washer, continued functioning properly. The next morning, a sales representative from the dealership found the vehicle in the same condition, but seemingly was able to restore service by "jiggling" the turn signal lever, indicating to me that it was resting very slightly forward of the normal at-rest position, and recommended service department investigate further. Dealer service department found a circuit board faulty. Part has been ordered for installation. In an abundance of caution, concerned that air bag deployment might be impaired were an accident to occur, the dealer provided substitute transportation pending repair.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

Nov 232013

Fusion 4-cyl

I am the adult co-owner of 2014 Ford Fusion hybrid. The dashboard airbag light is lit indicating the airbag is off when I occupy the front passenger seat. The service manager at the selling dealership claims the air bag is functioning properly and is designed to work in conjunction with the seat belt. Therefore, Ford is telling me I must learn to live with this hazard. I understand a disabled airbag is intended to protect children. I am not a child! I am the adult, co-owner and co-driver of the car. I weigh 90 lbs and am 5¿1¿. I am in jeopardy because this car does not offer me the full protection of the current passenger seat belt/ air bag combination. NHTSA warns, in part E of its form request for air bag on-off switch¿, that the seatbelt operating without the airbag, can allow me to hit the dashboard or the windshield. Ford is aware of this problem because the Ford owner'¿'s manual suggests I sit in the rear seat. I have optimum protection when I drive the car. This 2014 Ford Fusion hybrid denies me, as a small stature adult, full airbag seatbelt protection while offering full airbag seat belt protection to larger adults. This gap in protection increases my risk of injury and is contrary to NHTSA¿'s mission statement of ¿¿preventing injuries¿. I am not as safe as I should be in this car. I contacted the dealer immediately regarding this safety issue. The dealership¿'s owner promised me that a Ford engineer would look at the car. To date I have not seen this representative this is an urgent safety matter. I request the NHTSA to direct the Ford Motor Company to fix this airbag safety failure making me as safe as other adult passengers.

- Hendersonville, NC, USA