CarComplaints.com Notes: Has the power steering started to show signs of failure in the 2014? Yeah, a little. Am I confident it will become a bigger problem over time? Yeah, a lot.

2014 Ford Fusion suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fusion:

2014 Ford Fusion Owner Comments

Jan 292016

Fusion

Ball joint/front left lower control arm defect @ 51,000 miles caused vehicle to fail state inspection. Confirmed by independent mechanic and Ford dealer. Potentially dangerous defect in states where there is no annual inspection requirement. Replacement part is on backorder possibly indicating higher than expected failures.

- Arundel, ME, USA

Jan 012015

Fusion

Difficult to control at highway speeds; the car seems to wobble/over correct frequently. The car is difficult to keep between the lines when it encounters even minor bumps in the road. I've brought these concerns to Ford and have been met with highly antagonistic responses. Ford neglects to acknowledge the issue and told me they test drove the car and were unable to replicate the issue. I don't feel safe driving my new car on the highway. Please help!

- West Chester, OH, USA

Jul 072015

Fusion

On 7/7/15 while on the 99 grand-parkway freeway my Ford Fusion suddenly started drifting and wasn't allowing me to turn back in the lane causing my car to spin out and lose control and crash into a barrier. Shortly after I filed a claim with my insurance and with Ford customer service on 7/11/15 claiming the power steering went out and a mechanical failure. Ford motor mentioned the general counsel would reach out in 15 business days and there were no current recalls on file. However, shortly after I filed that complaint Ford sent a vehicle recall regarding power steering corrosion (interesting timing). I have escalated multiple times to customer service and customer relations and still no luck or clarification of why I have not received a letter from general counsel.

- Katy, TX, USA

Nov 142014

Fusion 4-cyl

Friday, November 14, 2014, I was going between 25 and 35 miles per hour when I side swiped a curb on the driver's side. The control arm on the front drivers? side broke into. There was a about a six (6) inch abrasion on the front left wheel edge and the tire at first glance appeared undamaged. My thought is that there was a flaw in the manufacture of the control arm. The car is currently at Ford of ventura, 3440 East main street, ventura, ca.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Sep 202014

Fusion 4-cyl

Raining: The highest speed setting was not fast enough to clear the windshield I was driving on the highway, city and had to pull over due to the high speed for the wiper is no different then being on low speed. Very dangerous. Definitely not enough to clear the windshield in moderate rain let alone when heavy rain will come. Front end: Every time you turn the steering wheel I get a clunking noise and you can feel it in the gas pedal. This has been a ongoing problem.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA