2000 Honda CR-V AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda CR-V:

2000 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jun 032014

CR-V EX 4.0L

I turned my car on after leaving the Bronx zoo and turned on the a/c because it was hot out. Then when I turned it on it made the car even hotter, then the engine went on fire. Then I had to call the fire department. So I replaced it with the all-new 2014 Ford Escape. and I liked the Escape's features. I will never drive this car again.

- , Coram, NY, USA

Jul 122010

CR-V 2.0L

Problem began on 4/26/08. Fixed by my mechanic.

Fourteen months later (7/13/2009) the car was back in the shop for AC problems again; because it was not really under warranty from the previous year(14 months since initial replacement, and the shop's normal warranty on parts is 12 months) and the manager stated that the part was defective, they only charged for labor ($446 and some change). My husband went to pick up the vehicle on 7/15 and as he drove off the shop lot, the AC stopped working again, so they had to replace part again that same day.

But it continues... see next complaint.

Apr 262008

CR-V 2.0L

AC worked on last year on 4/26/08, parts replaced. Not too much of an issue till you see that it went out again 14 months later and I found on the net that this is an ongoing problem for many CRV owners

Aug 112009

CR-V 2.0L

Car compressor was fixed on July 11, 20009/ But 8/7/09 the AC went out once more. It was back in the shop again today, 8/11/09, for the same problem.

No cost to me because it was under warranty.

Compressor replaced three times in 14 months.