- February 8: Honda Accord Owner Carlos Solis Killed By Exploding Takata Airbag
- January 31: Over 2.1 Million Cars with Defective Airbags Recalled Again
- January 19: Honda and Takata Sued After Airbag Sends Shrapnel Into Woman's Chest
- January 9: Honda Fined $70 Million For Failing to Report Deaths and Injuries
- December 24: Honda Recalls Crosstour Over Takata Side Curtain Airbags
2009 Honda CR-V
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2009 CR-V still came equipped with tires that wear out faster than my Grandpa after a turkey dinner, Honda did address an electrical problem with the door locks that plagued owners of previous model years.
Worst 2009 CR-V Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- wheels / hubs problems14
- body / paint problems5
- interior accessories problems4
- electrical problems4
- seat belts / air bags problems2
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1
- cooling system problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1
- steering problems1
- engine problemsNHTSA: 1
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2009 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.