- April 19: Woman Punctured in the Throat by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 7 days ago
- April 8: Honda Pilots Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 18 days ago
- April 7: Honda Recalls 2003 Accord to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 19 days ago
2009 Honda CR-V
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2009 CR-V still came equipped with tires that wear out faster than my Grandpa after a turkey dinner, Honda did address an electrical problem with the door locks that plagued owners of previous model years.
Worst 2009 CR-V Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- wheels / hubs problems16NHTSA complaints: 21
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 6
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 27
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 162
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 19
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2009 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.