- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 19 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- April 6: Huma Hanif: 10th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 26 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 60 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 62 days ago
2009 Honda CR-V
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2009 CR-V still came equipped with tires that wear out faster than my Grandpa after a turkey dinner, Honda did address an electrical problem with the door locks that plagued owners of previous model years.
Worst 2009 CR-V Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- wheels / hubs problems15NHTSA complaints: 19
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 5
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 24
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2009 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.