- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- June 2: Takata Says It Didn't Make Airbag Named in Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- May 30: Honda Starter Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 32 days ago
- May 18: Honda Recalls CR-V Engines With the Wrong Pistons recalls | 42 days ago
2009 Honda CR-V
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2009 CR-V still came equipped with tires that wear out faster than my Grandpa after a turkey dinner, Honda did address an electrical problem with the door locks that plagued owners of previous model years.
Worst 2009 CR-V Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- wheels / hubs problems16NHTSA complaints: 21
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 6
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 27
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 162
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 19
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda CR-V Model Years
Curious how the 2009 CR-V compares to other years?
Check out our Honda CR-V overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the CR-V.