9.0

$2,110.00

1. replace the compressor (2 reports)
  3. replace computer (1 reports)
  4. replace entire a/c system (1 reports)
  5. replace the transistor (1 reports)
2003 Honda CR-V AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda CR-V:

2003 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jun 172014

CR-V EX 2.4L 4 cyl

While driving, A/C started to intermittently get warmer. Tried to add refrigerant but it was full. Took it to Honda dealer and said the A/C compressor locked up and they need to replace the ENTIRE A/C system for $4000! I took the car back and will go for 2nd opinion from indy mechanic.

I bought this car used w/ 97k miles in 2013. I knew about the CR-V's and their 'reported' A/C problems but I thought its a Honda=reliability....WRONG! DO NOT take the same RISK I did. Don't buy this car...Actually I'm convinced not buy any Hondas from now on...they don't make them like they use to...

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Sep 202013

CR-V

This is actually the second time the A/C has gone out. The first time was at 70,000 miles and we drove it many years without a/c due to expense quoted by Honda Dealer to repair. We relocated to Florida and knew a/c was a must so we had it replaced in November 2013. Just recently the same thing occurred. We heard a loud clunk and the a/c stopped working.

- , Winter Springs, FL, USA

Mar 012011

CR-V

A day after getting my heater fan replaced, the Compressor, expansion block and coolant system had to be replaced.

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 152010

CR-V EX 4 cyl

Through a web search , I found that this is a common problem with 2003 CR-Vs. Apparently the clutch on the a/c compressor breaks leading to a very costly repair. I have had two mechanics look at the car and both said I would be better off selling it. It has only 72000 miles on it and has otherwise been a very reliable vehicle. I believe that Honda should admit the problem and pay at least half of the repair bill. I cannot afford to fix it at this time, so I'm sweltering.

- , Plymouth, MA, USA

May 192003

CR-V 4 cyl

Drove off the lot and went home. Next morning things warmed up, went to use a/c and notta happening. Rear defroster wasn't working either. Checked the fuses and all looked good. Took it back to the dealer and to make a painful dealership experience short, the computer was shot. I guess they didn't do a very good job of inspecting.

- , Pittstown, NJ, USA

Aug 292007

CR-V LX 2.4L

Most Honda vehicles inlcuding Acura have problem with power transistor also know as resistor. I believe Honda should recall it.

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA