4.4

2003 Honda CR-V steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda CR-V:

2003 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Dec 192006

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

Steering wheel locking mechanism is defective and drops unexpectedtly in my 03" Honda CRV. Reported this problem to Honda Corp and I am awaiting to see if it will be covered by them. When I called the dealer back I was told this was not the first time he had seen this problem. I feel this safety concern is not being addressed by Honda Corp promptly and I am not allowing my wife and small child to drive the vehicle. The repair will cost a thousand dollars to fix, my expense I was told. When this problem with the tilt wheel locking system fails - this is a accident waiting to happen - especially at high speeds in a SUV.

- Tracy, CA, USA

Sep 252003

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

The steering wheel has locked and vehicle could not be controlled while the vehicle was moving. This has occurred on two separate occasions. The vehicle had to be turned off then on again in order for the steering wheel to be unlocked.

- Framingham, MA, USA