9.7

$1,500.00

1. replace ac system (4 reports)
2005 Honda CR-V AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda CR-V:

2005 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Sep 162012

CR-V LX 3.2L

Honda Needs to ReCALL ALL Aircondition Compressors, Along with all the other recalls!

- , Bloomington, CA, USA

Apr 102012

CR-V LS 4

Being a single mother of four and living in Houston with summer just around the corner, very inconvient timing. I have only had this vehicle for 8 months and the a/c goes out. What to do?

- , Houston, TX, USA

Apr 122012

CR-V

living in the phoenix area, a/c is not considered optional equipment. the a/c quit the first time my wife turned it this summer. yes, i understand that it is 5 years old but it also has less that 34,000 miles on it. everyone we spoke to always told us that honda makes a very dependable car, apparently everything but the a/c. it kinda makes me wonder what else is going to quit. called tempe honda, where the car was purchased new, and they told me it was not problem with other cr-v's, but they could ix it for $1800.00 dollars. this is their best friend price, hate to be their enemy. last honda i will ever own.

- , Tempe, AZ, USA

Jul 122012

CR-V

Same story as reported by other people. AC compressor locked up and contaminated the whole system with metal debris...Tempe dealer 'family pricing' is $1950 (imagine if you were not considered 'family')....still looking into other options but in AZ the middle of the summer the A/C is really needed!

- , Tempe, AZ, USA

Jul 152011

CR-V LX

The AC is noisy and is blowing hot air. Seens that metal parts are running inside the system. Honda dealer suggest to change everything but the lines for $3800. #($&%#(#%^(!^(!_%)*(#(!)

Update from Nov 17, 2011: My AC died last week . This is a 2005 CR-V LX 4AWD with 65k, my second CR-V from the same dealer. All maintenances done at the same place. So the manager know me and after I told him about maybe going for a Toyota (8p) he right there told me he will drop the dealer's charge(~$800) from the estimate $3800. Also he will call the Honda rep for his area and descuss the issue. Few hours later he called and told me Honda would pay 50%, so my bill is now $1400 and 12 months warranty . I would preffer $0 but better then $3800. VIN start with "J" production is March 2005. Just to add, had the front break pads changes one week earlier. just read it happened with more people out there.

- , Houston, TX, USA

Sep 012011

CR-V

Found this to be a common problem with the CR-V. Called Honda America who made it sound like they would offer assistance. Then spoke to a rep that was rude rude rude and next thing you know, the dealership calls and says that HA has declined assistance. There is a class action lawsuit pending. Guess who's jumping on board that one!

- , Kingman, AZ, USA

Jun 182011

CR-V LX 2.4L

I bought a Honda due to the reliability. After 80,000 miles the A/C went out and after investigating the problem Honda has had many problems with the compressors for several years and not willing to issue a recall. I have fixed the compressor but don't have the same opinion of owning a Honda.

- , Yukon, OK, USA