2005 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda CR-V:

2005 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 1 of 5)

CR-V

NHTSA recall 16V-344, dated June 2016. Owner has contacted local Honda dealer, Honda of mentor, 14 times to have this recall taken care of. Honda of mentor keeps telling owner that part is not available and they will call owner when part becomes available. Honda of mentor also acknowledges that airbag situation is a potential danger to driver as well as passenger(s). Owner frequently drives owner's grandchild in car and has indicated necessity of getting recall handled quickly.

- Mentor, OH, USA

CR-V

Takata recall - we received written notice of the airbag recall in June 2016 for our 2005 Honda CRV, and called our local Honda dealership, autonation Honda at 2999 w 104th ave, westminster, co 80234 to schedule an appointment for the repair on July 7, 2016. We were told by their service department that they would order the part, which should arrive within a week. They did not call back by the end of July, so we called back to ask about the part. We were told that they had no record of ever ordering the part, but said that they would do so immediately and expected the part to arrive in the next 4 weeks. We again waited for notification that the part arrived, but received no call. We contacted them to schedule an appointment for the repair in August and September, but were told the same thing: That they had not ordered the part and could not complete the repair, but that they would be sure to contact us as soon as the part came in, as they would order one immediately. In the end of September, while shopping for another vehicle at autonation Honda, the salesperson told us that the service department could perform the recall work while we test-drove and considered other vehicles. However, the service department did not complete the recall work, and this was merely a ruse to allow autonation to hold our vehicle hostage while the sales staff gave us the run around on haggling over another car. We left that day without buying a car and without getting our CRV repaired. On December 24, 2016, we made an appointment to have the recall work done on the morning of December 30, and the service department confirmed that the parts were available and that they could complete the repair. Within minutes of dropping the car off on the 30th, I received a call that they did not have the part and again had not ordered it. They said they would work on ordering it in the coming week.

- Broomfield, CO, USA

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Broomfield, CO, USA

Dec 222016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V34400 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ridgecrest, CA, USA

Dec 012016

CR-V 4-cyl

2005 Honda CR-V. consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair airbag recall notice.

- Bettendorf, IA, USA

CR-V

Takata recall. I contacted a dealer, matt castrucci Honda of dayton, on July 6, 2016, to schedule replacement of the passenger side air bag pursuant to the recall notice I received in June of this year. The dealer reports the part is on back order and they'll call us when it's delivered. As of December 5, 2016, we had not been contacted by the dealer. I called Honda hq and did not get a satisfactory response.

- Kettering, OH, USA

CR-V

Takata inflator - I have scheduled an appointment twice with williamsburg Honda to have my airbag defect repaired. The first appointment was 8/2/16, the second 8/16/16, both were cancelled by Honda due to them not having the parts. I need this repaired asap. This is a safety issue, I Transport my grandchildren in my car. The NHTSA recall number is 16V-344, dated June 2016. It is now November 2016.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Jul 012016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Horseshoe Bend, AR, USA

May 232016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags). However, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Riverside, CA, USA

CR-V

The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 222016

CR-V

Tamara recall. Dealer made appointment. Dealer cancelled appointment for lack of part. Dealer stated when parts arrived it would notify and reschedule. Dealer never rescheduled appointment. It has been over 90 days.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Jul 072016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Oct 052016

CR-V

Takata recall. I received a recall letter for the passenger frontal airbag in the mail. On July 9, 2016, I called the airport marina Honda dealer (5850 w centinela ave, los angeles, ca 90045) to make an appointment to have the recall fixed. They still have not fixed the recall. I called the dealer a couple of times to check on the status. They do not know when they can fix the recall even though it has already been three months later.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 012016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags). The part for the repair was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair for over six months. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Pearl River, NY, USA

Sep 152016

CR-V

Takata airbag inflator. Received notice of recall in July. We called the dealer, Honda of annapolis, to schedule it but were told the part was not in and we should call back in 2 weeks. Called 5 more times over the next 2 months and were put off every time. Finally today they have the part but can't install it for over a week and the repair will take 3 to 4 hours. We contacted american Honda for a loaner as advertised but were told by rosa that because we have a back seat, she could not authorize it. This seems to be in direct conflict with the terms of the recall posted at hondaairbaginfo.com where notice is given that loaner vehicles are available in cases of delays.

- Edgewater, MD, USA

May 242016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Pearl, MS, USA

Jul 122016

CR-V 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 11/08/16 updated 11/17/16.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Sep 072016

CR-V

Dashboard airbag light comes on intermittenly following passenger side airbag inflator recall replacement.

- South Natick, MA, USA

Sep 092016

CR-V

Takata recall: I took my car in to get the airbag replaced per the recall notice. My airbag malfunction light came on just after the replacement. I took the car back and they wanted $125 just to diagnose the problem. A garage said it was the seat belt buckle causing the problem. In the manual it clearly states that "Honda will repair or replace, at its option, any Honda seat belt component that fails to function properly during its normal use. This includes all parts and labor charges." My greenwich, ct Honda said they had never heard of this warranty and they would not honor it. I called Honda America, 2 people said it was covered, the final person said no. I have read forums and talked to many others, as you can see that have this problem. It is a safety issue and my airbags will not deploy in an accident. If it is the sensor, that is a component of the seat belt. It is clearly faulty on these cars. On forums many people have had this problem and some Honda have fixed it free of charge, and others will not. My garage gave me a quote of $282 for part and $95 labor.

- Mamaroneck, NY, USA

Jul 222016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Wallkill, NY, USA