2.7

2006 Honda CR-V drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda CR-V:

2006 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Nov 112010

CR-V 4-cyl

My Honda CR-V is making a loud chattering noise during low-speed cornering. The gears in the differential need reground. My Honda dealership says it is my fault and will not cover it under warranty. From the sound and the feel of the problem, I will soon be stranded along the highway. The dealership in hanover, pa where I purchased the car new, told me that I let the oil get too low and ruined the gears. I immediately took the vehicle to the place where I normally get my service. I crawled under the vehicle with them and they showed me that the differential was full of clean oil and properly serviced.

- Gettysburg, PA, USA