3.5

2006 Honda CR-V suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda CR-V:

2006 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jul 192012

CR-V 4-cyl

I took my vehicle to the Honda dealer for its 90,000 service. At this time Honda dealer recommended work but did not perform replace front lower arm compliance bushing, ball joints boot torn. Honda did not mention the NHTSA campaign id 12V12400, (suspension front control arm lower arm). I felt like the Honda rep did not explain my options, and did not listen to my concerns. I had it repaired at another auto care center. On 9-13-2012, the ac system went, compressor locked up. It needed an entire new ac system. At this time, the mechanic made me aware of NHTSA campaign id 12V12400 as well as many complaints on line of Honda ac compressor problems and the class action lawsuit (now over). One part ruined the entire ac system. Honda was less than honest in wanting to charge me for the suspension front control arm lower arm). These repairs totaled $2500.

- Porterville, CA, USA

Jun 042012

CR-V 4-cyl

Starting June of 2012, I start to notice a vibration when going from stop to go. Shaking is more pronounce when going uphill. Once speed reaches 50mph, vibration ceases. Lately, the shake is more consistent. I tried to start to move slower in an attempt to dampen vibration, but it is still there. I have been reading forums where it is suggested that the angle of the shaft has something to do with the vibration. My question to that is : how come my Odyssey and corolla don't shake at low speeds? none of the cars I have ever driven has this shake at low speeds. This should be labeled a fault that has to have a recall notice. A bad design of some part is causing the vibration.

- South San Francisco, CA, USA

Apr 012012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. while driving approximately 50 mph, the contact drove over a road bump and the front passenger side of the vehicle began to vibrate and jerk to the right. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign id number: 12V124000 (suspension:front:control arm:lower arm) but was advised by the manufacturer that the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000.

- Asbury, MO, USA

Oct 132006

CR-V

Vehicle pulls to the right even after proper alignment. This failure is continuous. In ice or snow cover conditions vehicle has a tendency to slide. After several visits to the dealership, the blame was always placed on tires or rotors. After replacing tires and rotors these symptoms still persisted.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Sep 222006

CR-V

Bought a 2006 CRV in aprox beginning of June, after only 10,000 miles we had several problems. The passenger side seatbelt failed, the spare tire holder snapped, went through 3 tires and the car started making funny noises and pulling to the right. Went to the dealer and they said the rear differential needed fluid replacement. After 10,000 more miles the same problem with the rear differential happened again, but this time they said we need 2 more new tires and an alignment. Once the differential fluid is replaced the noise and the pulling stops, but only after 10,000 miles it comes back. There was a recall on problems with the differential but it started a couple of 1000 cars after ours, so we can not have ours fixed, and to make themselves look good Honda just changed the maintenance on it to every 15,000 miles but the manual says it only needs it every 60,000 miles.

- Woonsocket, RI, USA

Jul 212006

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Honda CR-V. while driving at any speed on uneven asphalt, the vehicle pulls and shifts to the left and right as if it will topple over. The dealer has not been notified. The vehicle was serviced on April 10, 2008 and the contact was not informed of any failures. The current and failure mileages were 40,000. Updated 04/25/08

- Salters , SC, USA

Sep 282007

CR-V 4-cyl

The front end alignment on my 06 Honda CRV will not stay in alignment, it was re-aligned shortly after delivery as a new vehicle, and has been done again on 2-3 occasions. Was told by service department employee at chapman Honda in tucson that the CRV in question has a problem with pulling to the right which mine does. He advised me that Honda is supposed to be working on the issue but could offer no further info.

- Green Valley, AZ, USA

Jan 122006

CR-V 4-cyl

We purchased a 2006 Honda CR-V SE on January 12, 2006. Our main concern is that the vehicle severely pulls to the right (pttr). If I let go of the steering wheel on the interstate, the vehicle will cross over into the adjacent lane in about 3-4 seconds. The pull is much worse on secondary roads that have a crown. In addition, the pttr is increased by even moderate acceleration. This condition was apparent the day we purchased the vehicle, however, we were assured that an alignment would correct the problem. So far, the vehicle has been in for repair 3 times. This included, an alignment, a 5 day period where a Honda technical representative was called in to oversee the repairs, and lastly a 4 day dealer visit with repair recommendations from Honda technical. The final outcome is that Honda has not been able to correct the pttr problem. We feel that the pttr problem is severe and it creates an unsafe driving situation. Subsequently, we have filed a claim with the BBB that requests Honda to either replace or repurchase the vehicle. Honda has denied the request. An arbitration hearing is pending.

- Napa, CA, USA