2006 Honda CR-V transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda CR-V:

2006 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Dec 312010

Honda 2006 CR-V transmission problem. Transmission had to be replaced. After discovering the problem, the problem became severe within 3 weeks. Honda overcharged for the transmission repair and replaced the transmission with a rebuilt transmission rather than a new one. After reading the Honda complaints site, I discovered that Honda owners who have had their transmissions replaced are having problems with the replaced transmissions too. Also, the repair cost me $2,358.81 after Honda supposedly contributed $1,500 to the repair. This cost is more than I would have paid if I had taken the car to an independent transmission shop for repair. I have never had transmission problems with any other car I have owned, including my Toyota Camry, which had 279,000 miles on it when it was rear ended and totaled by a Ford 150.

- Foster City, CA, USA

Feb 172011

CR-V 4-cyl

My 2006 Honda CR-V has only 71,000 miles on it. The engine has been making a knocking noise so I took it to the dealership. The Honda dealership is telling me that I need a new transmission and that it is not covered under warranty.

- Prince George, VA, USA

Aug 102010

CR-V 4-cyl

Rear differential in 2006 Honda CRV made a grinding noise when backing up or turning.

- State College, PA, USA

Aug 222010

Honda CRV 2006 AWD rear differential needs service every 30,000 minimum. This is contrary to the specifications in the owners manual.

- Millerton, NY, USA

May 292010

2006 Honda, CR-V. rear differential making noise, at slowed speeds while turning. Checked owners manual, it states to change at 90,000 miles. Checked on-line to see if this was a common complaint. Couldn't believe there is an actual service bulletin out for this and no notification from the dealership I bought it from or the dealership where I've had my oil changes done at. Really disappointed that I have to pay to replace the fluids so I don't have damage done to my car. Why is Honda not notifying there loyal customers about this problem, maybe covering the cost to replace the fluids that are "just breaking down prematurely" I bought my Honda because of the reputation.

- Cedar Springs, MI, USA

Aug 192009

Dealer noticed a noise and reported a differential problem. Drained and refilled dual pump fluid, burnish differential clutches and drain and refill fluid again at a cost of $171.70. Seems to be a problem with the CR-V's that need to be addressed and a recall needs to be sent to owners.

- Patterson, NY, USA