2.1

2008 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 9 of 9)

Mar 152013

CR-V

Passenger door locks within seconds of opening manually and with key fob.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Mar 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

Left passenger door lock when lock or unlocked makes a loud grinding noise. Front drivers door will not unlock with manual key. I have seen many reports of same on this website. I believe this is a major issue that needs addressed by Honda. Honda has no service recalls, but it looks like they did in 2006 ?

- Rantoul, IL, USA

Feb 252013

CR-V 4-cyl

My left back door doesn't lock anymore. When I lock it slowly unlocks itself on its own. So a while it would remain locked if I locked by key fogger but now it doesn't lock at all. It appears to lock but eventually unlocks itself. I have 2 small kids sitting in backseat. I have set my car to lock once I drive 15mph. It would appear to lock but while driving unlocks itself. I have had no wrecks in this vehicle. This is supposed to be a family vehicle and the door eventually unlocks itself while driving. Very dangerous for small kids in back. My son realized his door wasn't locked and tried to manually lock it which eventually it unlocked itself again. I took to Honda and it is $400 to get fixed. Plus they have to order parts so I have to pay for a rental until parts come in. If I could manually lock door that is different issue but it unlocks itself even manually. Honda needs to recall this to be fixed for a small child gets hurt!

- Sherman, TX, USA

Sep 252012

CR-V

The door actuator went out first on my passenger front door and automatically locks now every time I stop the actuators cycles on all 4 doors and tries to relock. This is very annoying and also I like to add please don't waste your money on the black chrome rims mine are peeling solid chrome is not supposed to peel so that was $3000 wasted.

- Caledonia , MS, USA

Jan 082013

CR-V

The door locks keep locking and unlocking while I drive. I got locked into the car once, the car door would not open with key or manually. I had to crawl into back seat in order to open door and get out. The doors will not stay locked while I drive. This is very dangerous. When I'm stopped at a signal anyone could jump into the car. The door won't always lock when I get out of the car. Someone got into the car and went through my glove box because the car wouldn't lock. I feel Honda should have a recall and fix the door locks. I have seen quite a few complaints on the internet with others who have the same problem.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Feb 282013

CR-V 4-cyl

The power locks on the doors keep unlocking themselves while driving. It has potentially unlocked while driving even though the lock has been placed. Manually unlocking or locking doors is not an option as the lock seems to unlock by itself. Very dangerous to use with children even if the safety lock is placed the doors continue to unlock by themselves.

- San Diego , CA, USA

Feb 172013

CR-V 4-cyl

Can't open rear hatch. Right rear door doesn't lock. Search online revealed this is a common issue. While it may be deemed an inconvenience, there are circumstances which make this a safety issue that should be addressed by the manufacturer.

- Satellite Beach, FL, USA

Jan 262013

CR-V

Suddenly all the doors would lock as soon as I would get in I would try to unlock with door switch and the lock back right away. They have locked me out of my own car. I have tried the resetting procedures from manual and they do not change. To get into my car you have to pull handle as soon as you hit unlock on key.

- Edmonton, KY, USA

Jan 282013

CR-V 4-cyl

My door lock actuator is broken on the driver door. This is a definite security problem. When I went to lock my car, the lock on the driver door kept unlocking. There were popping noises when I tried to unlock & lock my door. All other doors worked, but I had to leave my car unlocked over night because it would not stay locked. When I got to work the next day, it locked after a few tries but made a loud grinding noise.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Oct 172012

CR-V 4-cyl

As soon as you would unlock the automatic doors locks - the front driver door, it would quickly lock back up, you had to force it to unlock once it locked on its own, you can use the clicker or the unlock button, but you had to be very quick to be able to unlock it - you had to have your one hand on the door handle and the other hand on the unlock button - or else you can't get out that door. Once you get to speeds of 5 mph the doors will automatically lock, the back driver door started to slowly unlock while driving, while the car was stopped, it would lock once you got to the 5 mph but then start unlocking again. I replaced the actuators for the driver side doors and now the passenger back door lock started making noises and is starting to unlock on its own. Called Honda and they said it must happen often because they have the parts for it. I asked if there was a recall and they said no, so I had to purchase the parts.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Dec 102012

CR-V

The car kept saying a door was opened when it wasn't and then because of that the car wouldn't lock when I was in it and then the interior lights wouldn't go off. Then, it just stopped happening. Then on 1/14, every time I used the brake when I was driving, the doors would unlock and the interior lights would go on. And then when I would accelerate the doors would lock and the interior lights would go off. This all began the week after I took the car to the dealership to get new tires (where they ripped me off by charging me $1,300 to replace 4 tires!). very frustrating.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 012012

CR-V

Unable to lock rear doors when in park. Rear doors lock and unlock spontaneously when in drive. When doors lock spontaneously, unable to open doors from inside even when in park.

- Whitman, MA, USA

Oct 102012

CR-V

The locks on the Honda CR-V 2008 are defective and can pose a serious safety issue. The locks on the door lock at will, won't unlock when I try to unlock them, and lock while I'm driving and/or putting the reverse. Passengers cannot get out of the car, even after I press the unlock button on both the door and the key. I fear that my toddler is going to get locked into the vehicle and/or trapped in if we are in an accident. This is a recurring problem that started just a few months after I bought the vehicle and many other Honda CR-V owners are reporting the same issue, yet Honda has not issued a recall for these defective locks. Please address this issue as a safety issue and urge them to recall these locks.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Nov 102012

CR-V 4-cyl

Locking actuator does not engaged. When trying to lock the door manually the actuator will automatic unlock the doors. This is a safety issue. After some research this is an ongoing issue with Honda, and Honda will not see this as a safety issue.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Aug 312012

CR-V 4-cyl

While driving the car on the interstate 635 in dallas tx area, the door suddenly unlocked automatically (driver side and driver side rear) and I felt the doors opened a bit as I can feel some vibration noise and the air noise thro the small gap, this is so risky, but the reason iam complaining this was looks like a very generic issue in the CRV's and Honda really refuses to address it, I would like them to have a look at it before its too late.

- Irving, TX, USA

Aug 012012

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the while driving, the rear driver side door unlocked independently. The failure recurred several times. The vehicle was not taken to be inspected or repaired. The dealer was notified and stated that there were no recalls for the vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 65,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Dec 022011

CR-V 4-cyl

Every time the right front passenger door is unlocked either by the switch or manually, it immediately re-locks itself making it almost impossible to open the door. To open the door, you must know to be holding on the handle and pull it in the split second after you activate the un-lock button. This could be extremely dangerous in a situation where the passenger had to get out of the car immediately as in case of a fire, submerging in water or after a wreck. I am frightened to think what would happen in one of these cases and a child or unsuspecting adult were in the vehicle and could not get out. Of course, there are many other scenarios where the passenger would have to get out in a hurry and this defective locking mechanism would prevent their escape.

- Victoria, TX, USA

Apr 212012

CR-V 4-cyl

Locks wont stay locked. Once locked the rear doors slowly unlock.they have now started making an awful noise when locking or unlocking. Since the doors automatically lock when my car accelerates, and then unlock themseves, I have to hear this noise constantly while driving in stop and go traffic.

- Arlington, TX, USA

Aug 012011

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the vehicle door locks activated independently and could not be opened with the key or manually. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who performed a diagnostic that located the failure at the door actuator. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 120,000 and the current mileage was 125,000.

- Griffin , GA, USA

Jun 082010

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CRV. The contact stated that the vehicle would sporadically lock the passengers out of or into the vehicle without being able to release the lock. The vehicle was inspected by the dealer but he could not determine the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 30,000 and the current mileage was 35,000.

- Tucson, AZ, USA