2008 Honda CR-V body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 092012

CR-V 4-cyl

When backing out of an unpaved parking area I hit a large ponderosa pine tree with the rear bumper. The bumper absorbed the impact with a small scratch to the bumper cover. Upon impact, the car was no longer in my control for it lurched forward about 40 feet into the parking space I had left and hit another large tree with the center of the car. The car accelerated forward so quickly I do not recall when the airbag deployed. Immediately after the collision all four wheels continued spinning and dug small depressions in the dirt until the engine stopped. I had no control over the vehicle after backing into the tree. I suffered bruised ribs and a severe burn to my hand from the airbag. A sheriff assessed the accident and called an ambulance to assess my condition and I did not require hospitalization. There was significant damage (estimated $11,000) to the front of the car. This was my first accident and I'm concerned that my Honda CR-V is unsafe for the above reason.

- Cottonwood, AZ, USA

Apr 082012

CR-V

I was at a dead stop when I was rear ended from a lady travelling about 50 I was wondering if my air bags should have gone off I am suffering from neck and back injuries from this accident and I feel my vehicle should have been totalled they fixed it paying 10,600 to the repair place and it still doesnt look right.

- West Brookfield, MA, USA

Aug 122008

CR-V

I have a 2008 CR-V ex with sun roof from Honda. The car can not be driven over 25 miles per hours with one of the rear windows open. Over 50 miles per hours the noise is so bad that the car is shaking and the ear are hurting. I believe it can easily injure someone ear and it should be addressed. When I bought the car no one tell me I will not be able to drive my car with the rear windows open except if I open the front windows. I have a child of 2 1/2 years old and I have to make sure the windows are lock so it does not open it due to the risk of injure of his ear. Honda should fix the issues and recall all the model with the sun roof. I just both the car and find about this issue on the 12-08-2008 but the problem will not go away. I when to Honda and they test another CR-V with the same result.

- St-Hubert, 00, USA