2008 Honda CR-V body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jun 112011

CR-V 4-cyl

A few weeks before my 36 month warranty was up, my door actuator went out in the left rear door. It was replaced and worked fine until recently 18 months later it seems the same door actuator has gone out. I am taking it in to be replaced for over $200 which is a bit much for a limited income. The door is worse now than before in that it keeps cycling locking and unlocking as I'm driving. I think Honda should replace for free as it is obviously defective from what I have read online.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Sep 012012

Front passanger door lock will briefly unlock then on its own lock itself. You have to force the door lock open just to get out and once the lock opens it slowly locks itself. The key fob and lock switch will briefly unlock the latch. (we do have factory installed alarm). My wife also noticed dome light no longer coming on (might just be dead bulb). This could be a huge issue in an accident if passenger or emergency personal are unable to open door due to lock always locking itself. A lot of force is needed to unlock the door. It seems like the door actuator is getting a lock signal and staying in the locked position. Again you can momentarily manually force the door lock open and with the switch/keyfob. Recent repairs: We did recently replace the car battery because the car lost electrical power (car would not start). We also just replaced the ac/heater blower motor because when the HVAC was powered on we heard very loud whirling/clicking noise. We also just changed all four struts because they were leaking but no electrical was touched during this repair.

- Laveen, AZ, USA

Nov 212008

Nov. 2008 - noted when at a stop, car in drive, severe rattling in the rear headliner behind sunroof, along passenger side roof handle. Noise stops with light touch on headliner and returns when released. 1st warranty - adjusted sunroof bar, 2nd warranty repair - removed headliner and padded wiring for xm radio and lighting. Still no repaired.

- Longmont, CO, USA