2008 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Dec 052015

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that there were several failures that the dealer was notified of for months, but was unable to provide a permanent repair solution. The dealer completed a recall repair for the door actuator and, shortly after the repair, the alarm randomly sounded and locked the contact inside the vehicle. The dealer replaced the door actuator a second, time but the contact was uncertain if the part was actually replaced. The suspension was also unstable and caused the vehicle to wobble. In addition, the brake pedal felt spongy and was difficult to engage. The vehicle was taken to more than two dealers for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Apr 022016

Vehicle was in motion, brakes started to vibrate & upon taking it to the dealership was informed that the problem with the brakes is is a faulty ABS module. This was after new brakes had been installed, new rotors, paid to have the brake system bled twice (about $700). To install a new ABS module, the cost is $2,100 just for the part from Honda. The car is now dangerous to drive without the part. Honda dealership service shop foreman informed me this is a common occurrence on these cars. In addition, I received a letter that there is a takata airbag recall for this car in March, now it is April and those new parts have not been received by the dealer yet. I have a car sitting in my driveway that is not safe to drive now 1) it needs a $2100 part, which the service foreman tells me is not guaranteed to last because they are faulty; and 2) there is an airbag part that is not available at any dealership that I have checked; and 3) the factory alarm will not set, I have had it checked by two Honda dealerships and they do not know what is wrong with it. This car is not safe to drive.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 252012

The vehicles brakes are horrible, it the front rotors mostly, they deteriorate very quickly along with the high quality brake pads. I replaced the rotors at 70,000 and they are already getting damaged. There has been an unsettling vibration in the braking/steering system since we bought the car. I am convinced that Honda no longer makes quality vehicles and the sooner they stop making cars the better. At 25,000 miles we had the ac clutch start to slip on us while we were in about 120'F temps in bon our way to bullhead city. We arrived completely soaked in sweat and with the beginning stages of chapped lips from the hot air blowing from the ac. We had an air leak in the moon roof since we bought it, all Honda did was make us waste our time while the mickey moused the seal, on the way home from the dealers after they supposedly fixed it, it started making the whistle again after I opened and closed it. I had grease prints all over the head liner from that experience.the leather arm rest started bubbling and peeling about a year after the purchase, it looks horrible. I have had better used cars then this. I have nothing to say about Honda except if you value your life and your families life and value what you buy with your hard earned money. Then don't ever ever buy a Honda. They deserve to go out of business and be sued by every person that ever bought from them.

- Corona, CA, USA