2.3

2008 Honda CR-V wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda CR-V:

2008 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Nov 212016

CR-V

Zoriginal wheel sare so corroded around stems and rim that they loos air weekly, one 10-12 lbs each week. Honda seems disinterested and says it is news to them. My mechanic was aware iof an issue and we almost lost a wheel from the car on the hiway after having a wheel replaced on the car after some work. Mechanic says holes for the lug bolts corrode making the impact wrench think the wheel is secure.

- Mystic, CT, USA

Oct 252016

CR-V

Still no resolution to our air bags. Also, I drive my car a lot. I drive 100 miles a day. 5 days a week. I have over 160,000 miles. I have to buy tires all the time, my last set of 4 has 80,000 mile warranty and I have right at 28,000 miles on this set. I am having to purchase another set of 4 this week. I have paid about 7 or 8,000 dollars on tires I have purchased a least 10 set of tires because they don't wear evenly. I have purchased aliments on numerous occasions. I have purchased expensive tires 1000.00' to cooper tires 600.00! and every set has worn unevenly. I even rotate my tires every 5000 miles I was reading many complaining about the same issue. This is so unsafe traveling on interstate and road ways. Will you please investigate these problems. We really appreciate any help sincerely linda root

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

May 212009

CR-V

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated while driving at various speeds the tire pressure, vsa and ABS warning light intermittently illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the rear driver and passenger's side wheel sensors were replaced. After the repair the failure still recurred. The manufacture was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 33,000.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Aug 112013

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the front driver's side wheel became detached from the vehicle without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who was unable to determine the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not included in any recalls. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 27,000..... updated 10-17-13

- Syosset, NY, USA

Jul 312008

CR-V

Honda 2008 CRV has vibrations in the tires and it pulls to the right (left when tires are rotated). It appears this is a known problem with this model of Honda 2008 CRV with many people complaining about it. The maintenance center blames the tires, the tire shop blames the wheels. Bottom line is Honda knows there's a problem and they do not know how to fix it. The same response is not the wheels is the tires! reality it is the design of the vehicle which has no fix. Never ever purchase another Honda again.

- Coppell, TX, USA

Feb 172009

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

My story begins (2/14/09) when my husband was taking off the left front tire. During removal, using a manual lug wrench, he snapped off two wheel studs. The following Monday, (2/16/09), we took the CRV to the orwigsburg service center, our local repair shop, to have a state inspection performed and replace the broken wheel studs. While at this shop, our mechanic pulled all four wheels, and informed us that all the wheels studs, 20 in total, were bent outward, in a circumferential pattern. We were then advised to contact american Honda, as this was certainly due to some type of product defect. Due to the seriousness of the situation we had, at our expense, the CRV towed to lehigh valley Honda for inspection, and we assumed, a warranty repair. Imagine our surprise, when lehigh valley Honda¿ service advisor insinuated on several occasions, that we had somehow through our own carelessness, damaged this vehicle. He then determined that since he had never seen such damage, it must have been our misuse of the CRV that caused the damage and thus was not covered under the Honda warranty. I should point out at this point, that the inspection was thorough enough to observe that there were three broken studs, & fifteen damaged ones. Refer to attached report. I am curious as to where the additional broken stud was, and why only 18 out of a total 20 studs were determined to be bent. We have in our possession, the 18 bent studs, which were replaced by our repair shop. Further, they refused to release copies of pictures they allegedly took to my husband when he requested same. My local mechanic suggests that either the wheels are defective, or perhaps the tires. He has, again at my expense, replaced all 20 wheel studs and bearings with genuine Honda parts. He has informed me that we must bring it in at 1,000, 3,000, 6,0000 etc. Intervals, as he believes that there is something intrinsically wrong with the vehicle, and that the bent stud situation will reoccur. Updated 04/12/10.

- Orwigsburg, PA, USA