CarComplaints.com Notes: While the 2009 CR-V still came equipped with tires that wear out faster than my Grandpa after a turkey dinner, Honda did address an electrical problem with the door locks that plagued owners of previous model years.

2009 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda CR-V:

2009 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Sep 152016

CR-V

My vehicle has less than 36,000 miles on it and I was told that I have approximately 4 mm left on my rear brake pads and that they should be replaced asap. This is ridiculous! my vehicle has low mileage and shouldn't be having this issue.

- Juneau, AK, USA

May 102016

CR-V

Going speed and car almost stutters, feels like looses power, RPM's raise when given gas but car will not increase speed, continues to slow down until vsa light comes on. On other occasions the car abrutly stops, feeling like the brakes lock up once again, until the vsa light comes on. I have read multi post from CRV owners having this same issue as well as a post about a class act law suit already involving Honda for the vehicle stability alert system.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Sep 122015

CR-V

I applied my brakes approaching a stop sign at low speed. My brake pedal went to the floor and I had almost no brakes. I kept my foot on it and when it got as far as I could push it my engine accelerated at very high rpms. I shifted into neutral and then into park and shut the engine off. I had a tow truck come and pick it up.

- Marshalltown, IA, USA

May 092014

CR-V 4-cyl

Exiting the small to moderate sized parking lot I was stopped at the red light. This is a T intersection where one must turn right or left. After the light turned green I slowly accelerated to turn left when the car accelerated immediately to about 50 mph while I was entering the intersection, I managed to turn left. Despite vigorously braking, the car continued at what seemed like an incredible speed, it felt like an accelerating race car. I hit a truck and another car sideswiping them as I tried to swerve out of the way of traffic and parked cars. The car travelled approximately 1/5 of a mile before I was able to stop by putting the vehicle in park. The air bags deployed.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 022013

CR-V 4-cyl

I was trying to park my car backwards. My car suddenly accelerated and I couldn't control the speed of my car. I was also unable to stop my car.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA