2010 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda CR-V:

2010 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Aug 012016

The contact owns a 2010 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The contact was provided with a rental vehicle. The contact was advised to leave the vehicle at the dealer while waiting for the recall repair. The contact stated left the vehicle with the dealer for several months. Due to the vehicle being parked for such a length of time, the rotors and brakes had rusted. The contact had the vehicle diagnosed by the dealer where it was diagnosed that the rotors and brakes needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and advised the contact to file a safety complaint. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Wheeling, WV, USA

Mar 252016

"takata recall" L waited almost 4 months for the part to come in for the airbag recall. I called numerous times to Honda corporate and the local dealer. First call was March they said by summer the part would be in. I called in July and they said now it would not be until fall that it comes in. I finally had to make a complaint with NHTSA and within a week the dealer called and said the part was in. It has been repaired. However because they required me to sign a paper saying I would keep the car parked and not drive it, my break rotors front and rear got very rusty. The car shakes and shimmies when braking now. The dealer said the rotors need resurfaced. But they wanted to charge me $420 to do that work. I feel Honda should pay for it since it is not my fault that I had to let the car sit for 4 months. The dealer said he could not do anything, but to call Honda corporate. I called one week ago and they said someone would call back. No one has called back. I need the rotors fixed now. I feel it is a safety issue that is Honda responsibility.

- Greencastle, PA, USA

Apr 152015

The vehicle has been driven less than 30,000 miles (on average approximately 5,500 miles a year). It has not been subject to unusual weather conditions of any type. The brake rotors have rusted and need to be replaced. It is my understanding that this is a result of a manufacturing defect that is a common occurrence for Honda CR-V model years 2007 - 2010. Honda made the necessary changes to correct the defect on subsequent model years. The dealership, criswell Honda in germantown, md, charged me to resurface the rotors which did not fix the problem because of the inherent defect. The rotors have not been subject to "wear and tear". my discussions with the service manager have indicated that Honda is fully aware of the problem and is essentially indifferent to the defect and insists upon charging the customer for the repair. Because of the inherent brake defect it is not at all clear that the "repair" will address the problem. I have the rotor resurface invoice but there is no dispute that I was charged for a "repair" that did not fix the defect. There may be a technical memo from Honda to dealerships that references the problem. Please contact american Honda to discuss this defect. Thank you.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Sep 282015

The contact owns a 2010 Honda CR-V. while driving approximately 60 mph, the vehicle decelerated and suddenly accelerated up to 80 mph independently. The brake pedal was depressed and failed to respond. The contact was able to avoid an accident. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure and the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V395000 (power train). The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Apr 222013

CR-V 4-cyl

This has happened twice. In April 2013, I was driving on an interstate. To avoid hitting a slowing car, I tapped the brake and turned the wheel slightly to move completely back into the right lane. The car accelerated exponentially, as if overdrive had been turned off or cruise control had kicked in (cruise was not on). The car sped uncontrollably first toward the right shoulder and then to the left while I turned the wheel to stay on the road. This happened half a dozen times before the car finally stopped. The second event occurred while pulling into a front end parking space at an office building. Speed was not sufficient to register on the odometer. Tapping the brake caused the car to accelerate as described previously, heading toward a brick wall about 8 feet away. I removed my foot from the brake, but the car continued to accelerate. I was able to turn the car and avoid the wall, but took out all the front plantings, a light pole and a small tree, doing almost $3,000 damage to my car plus more for the building. I immediately took the car to my local Honda service. Their response: We could not duplicate the problem. Bring it back when this happens again. For a while I have accepted this diagnosis, but another occurrence could cause serious injury to property, to me or to others. I have read of other incidents with this vehicle. I am pursuing this matter with Honda. This must be fixed!

- Fishersville, VA, USA

Jan 092014

CR-V 4-cyl

The vehicle stability assistance light wont come on.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Nov 222013

CR-V 4-cyl

Premature rear brake wearing.

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Oct 302013

The contact owns a 2010 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that when applying the brakes, there was a loud noise heard from the rear passenger's side brake. The contact examined the brakes and noticed that the brake sensor was rubbing against the rotors. The contact did not take the vehicle to a dealer or a mechanic. The contact did not have the vehicle repaired. The failure mileage was 13,000. The VIN was not available.

- West Springfield, MA, USA

May 252013

CR-V 4-cyl

Pull into my garage, applied brake, brake went to the floor and accelerate at the same time. Hit my garage wall causing damage to the wall and car. Turn of car. Drove the car next day, every thing was ok. Check out the brakes on my long drive way, every thing seem ok. When over to a friends house, Monday, again same thing happen, went thru a gasoline station, and the electronic stability controls accelerated, was finally able to stop it, when the brakes return to normal. When we were leaving our friends house, the battery was dead. Had to jump start, every thing was ok driving home. Trying to set up a appointment at the Honda dealer today.

- Atkinson, NH, USA

Jul 162012

CR-V 4-cyl

Incredibly fast wear on one left rear brake pads and grinding sound at all speeds. Visually checked all the brakes - the pads on all 3 are normal with little wear, but the left rear is totally worn. This happened within a few weeks. Also the rotors are worn uneven with "pitted" surface. This is not the due to a usage, but due to some mechanical problem. The problem is severe - I can not drive a vehicle!!!

- Kew Gardens, NY, USA