2010 Honda CR-V fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda CR-V:

2010 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Oct 202014

The engine light comes on all the time and the dealer just says to unscrew and re tighten the fuel cap. Sometimes this fixes and sometimes it doesn't.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jan 062011

CR-V 4-cyl

At least 5 times now my 2010 Honda CRV-ex AWD car has tried to take off on me while applying the brake to come to a stop. I wrote it off the first time thinking maybe my foot was still touching the gas pedal when I applied the brake. The next time it happened I looked down to make sure my foot was only on the brake. My car jumped forward, even with my foot on the brake. I threw it into neutral and the motor revved up to about 5500 rpms before it decided to stop. This has happened 3 times at a stop light and twice in a parking lot. I'm afraid to drive my own vehicle. I called the dealership and they said they had not heard of any problems similar to what I described and there were no recalls that would be related to this issue. Help! what can I do besides take it to the dealership and have it not happen and tell me nothing is wrong.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 152013

The contact owns a 2010 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the contact smelled gasoline. The failure was recurring. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the pipe assembly joint needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Midlothian, VA, USA