Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: 2011 Honda CR-V owners are reporting problems where the engine revs when braking.

Our data is showing early signs of a defect trend, so that's why we've flagged the 2011 CR-V with our "Beware of the Clunker" rating. Time will tell whether this continues to be a problem, & if so, whether Honda will be able to identify the problem & fix it.

2011 Honda CR-V accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda CR-V:

2011 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jun 202014

CR-V 4WD 4-cyl

Wife had purse in the car and the doors locked on their own. This locked her out of the vehicle. This has occurred a number of times since.

- Troy, OH, USA

Apr 122014

Within the last month, my 2011 CRV has had a recurring issue with the door lock. When I hit the unlock button, the driver's door remains locked and will only turn manually. Likewise, it will only lock manually. The other day I couldn't open my trunk because of the locking issue. Because of the unlocking, the sensors affected my dome light and my battery died after 3 years. I have read that this is a common problem, but no recalls yet. It doesn't make sense.

- Rensselaer, NY, USA

Jan 012013

CR-V 4-cyl

Door locks:locking mechanism unreliable lock and unlock while driving failure to lock (have reviewed manual to ensure all in order, including battery in key and settings for auto lock and un lock).

- Downingtown, PA, USA