2013 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda CR-V:

2013 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Jul 052016

CR-V

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2013 Honda CR-V. the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/21/16

- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA

Jan 112016

CR-V

1-takata inflator the passage airbag light comes on and off randomly. This does not make me feel comfortable. There's a recall for Cr-vs up to 2012 for this?? 2-start up noise - at least once a day when I start up my CR-V it does this very loud grinding sound. Note: During winter it was every time I started the car. The noise did not start until after the warranty expired. Took to dealership they stated its the valve that's a part of the head/timing chain system. I've done my research and both these problems are very common with Honda CR-V.

- Stafford, VA, USA

Jun 132016

CR-V

The passenger" air bag is off" icon is on all the time in the upper right hand corner of the dash. Stays on even if car if not turned on. Only have 25,000 miles on the car and there isn't anyone sitting in the passenger seat. Does not go off if someone is sitting in the passenger seat. Is this a problem related to the massive airbag recall?

- Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA

Dec 152015

CR-V

On 11/30/15 our 2013 Honda CRV was taken to fox Honda in grand rapids, mi to have the driver air bag and power lock recall repairs performed. On 12/15/15 my daughter was traveling at approximately 50 mph when the truck in front of her slammed on it's breaks but the trailer lights were not working so the CRV squarely impacted the rear of the trailer with significant force. The passenger airbag deployed but the driver airbag did not. The radiator, engine and frame were damaged so the car was totaled. We filed complaint #04347205 with Honda explaining that the insurance adjuster and the body shop workers both believed that the air bag should have deployed. After my 3rd call, the Honda representatives were still trying to tell me that there are separate sensors and there are many reasons why one air bag could go off and not the other. I explained that while my daughter was not badly injured, I am concerned that there could be a bigger problem with their air bags and I wished they would take it seriously enough to inspect the car to make sure someone else isn't injured or even killed if there is a general defect.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Oct 022015

CR-V

I was struck by a deer on the drivers front fender causing extensive damage and the passenger side airbag deployed but the drivers side airbag did not deploy. I was traveling at a speed of 55mph going straight ahead on a state highway when the deer ran into the drivers side front end.

- Hudson, NY, USA

May 082015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2013 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 39,000.

- Blythe, GA, USA

Feb 102015

CR-V 4-cyl

On 2/10/2014, around 8:50 am est I was alone and driving to the office when my car skidded and I lost control. Due to the momentum the car had gained, it went into a free spin. Though this car is equipped with AWD and ABS, it still could not correct the skid and went out of control. It dashed against a tree on the pathway from the passenger side. This impact resulted in driver side air bags to deploy, however it exploded instead of inflating. This incident has resulted in injuries to my hand, neck and back. Recently I have heard recalls from Honda related to faulty air bags, however did not find any open recalls for my vehicle...updated 02/25/15

- Hunt Valley, MD, USA

Jan 182015

CR-V

I was involved in an accident in philadelphia, pa on January 18, 2015 due to ice on highways. I slid into one car and got hit by another car. My car is currently in a repair shop. I received a call that the car can be fixed, however I need to know how safe is the car since I received so much damage to the car and the air bags never deployed.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Dec 012014

CR-V

Letter from senator booker on behalf of constituent re the removal of takata airbags in 2013 Honda CR-V (attn: Constituent services). The consumer would like all of the air bags replaced in the vehicle.

- Moorestown, NJ, USA

Nov 052013

CR-V

The contact owns a 2013 Honda CR-V. while parking, the vehicle suddenly accelerated and crashed through a garage. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was not filed and no injuries were reported. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,000.

- West Orange, NJ, USA

May 152014

CR-V

The contact owns a 2013 Honda CR-V. the contact was driving 15 mph when the passenger side air bag indicator illuminated on the instrument panel. There was no one occupying the passenger seat during the failure. The dealer reset the codes on three different occasions, but the failure continued. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 112.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Aug 072013

CR-V 4-cyl

Air bag tore during deployment and deflated very fast also caused cuts on my left arm and burns on my right hand fingers. I was wearing my seat belt also which held me in place. I do have pictures of the air bag. I might note that side air bag did not deploy.

- Euless, TX, USA