2013 Honda CR-V wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda CR-V:

2013 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Aug 082015

I got into my car and because the weather was nice, I turned off the air conditioner and lowered the back windows. I entered the interstate highway, and when my speed reached 40 mph, a loud roar came from the back of the car and the back started shaking and vibrating. I was scared and pulled off the road. I thought the suspension or the wheels/tires had failed. I made a visual inspection and could see no problem. A Honda dealer was near, so I slowly drove to their service bay. When I told my problem to a woman at the service desk she immediately told me that it was a compression problem that all of these vehicles had when the back windows were down. I asked if the salespersons were supposed to tell the customer about this problem and she said no.

- Franklin, TN, USA

May 282015

The welds on the steel rims are defective. They corrode pre maturely are cause tire pressure to drop. This vehicle was bought new and is less then two years old. Honda refuses to take responsibility. It's not a warranty issue it's a defective part that should be addressed and fixed by Honda. This vehicle is not safe to drive as at any time this defective weld can become worse and cause the rim to collapse and tire to blow. Would you want to drive this at high speeds? Honda is an arrogant company that needs to be humbled and take responsibility for its problems. Also, on this vehicle the compass does not function. You'll be driving East and the compass says sw. Again Honda says not there problem. Lastly, the digital mpg gauge is misleading and highly inaccurate. It overestimates the real mpg and misleads customers to believe there getting better mileage. Fraud!

- Oak Creek, WI, USA

Aug 192013

CR-V 4-cyl

While driving, I thought the engine was revving due to the sound that I was hearing. I went for an oil change, at 10,000 miles, and mentioned the noise to the adviser. I told him the sound started at about 9500 miles and appeared to be getting louder at 10,000 miles. I was told it wasn't anything to do with the engine, transmission or any other components other than a wheel bearing on the front driver side. No one looked at the area to determine if it was indeed the wheel bearing. My tires were rotated along with the oil change. I was told my tires were fine and wearing evenly. Nothing was checked or done to specifically see or know it was/is a wheel bearing. I had to remind the adviser about the noise I had been hearing. My car was test driven by the foreman to hear the noise. He drove it on the highway, I was in the car. He started swerving the car. He then stated it was definitely a wheel bearing. My vehicle is under warranty and when I mentioned the possibility of the other bearings going, he said unlikely but would check the front passenger wheel bearing. The part wasn't in stock and has to be ordered and I had to make an appointment for 09/17/2013 to have them check/repair the wheel bearing(s). Seems odd for the wheel bearings to go after only about 9500 miles.

- Surprise, AZ, USA