9.1

2014 Honda CR-V brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Aug 152015

CR-V

My brand new Honda CRV 2014 have problems with suspensions. My concerns are my suspension are not reliable and could caused injury or deaths 4 pictures are included in my report.

- Roseville, CA, USA

Nov 092014

CR-V 4-cyl

2014 Honda CRV. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle tire pressure and brake system issues. The consumer stated while driving on a snow pack road, he went around a broad curve, at a slow speed, when suddenly the vehicle slid across the road into an oncoming lane. The consumer stated he realized the vehicle slid too easily and the ABS activated prematurely, prior to the incident, the tire pressure light illuminated. The consumer believed the tires were unsafe. Updated 12/22/15.

- Eagle River, WI, USA

May 062014

CR-V 4-cyl

This is a supplement to 10615142 filed earlier. The TPMS on my CR-V does not work. Honda can not keep it operating even after 6-8 shop repairs. While this would be dangerous, I am beginning to wonder if the "electronic stability system". and. The "anti-lock brake system". are also inoperable!!! they would seem to use same "inputs" as TPMS "??" this may be far more serious than I first thought it was!!!

- Daphne, AL, USA

Apr 042014

CR-V

Rapid and uncontrolled deceleration of the vehicle in an unsafe manner while driving.we were almost hit by the following car.we lost of all instrumentation, all of the warnings lights indicate failure, speedometer, tachometer, airbags, vsa, brakes, ABS, etc.. the car has been repaired 4 times. #1(4/4/14) replaced vsa module and bleed brakes+ reset codes, #2 (4/8/14) replace 2 wiring harnesses and verify connections+ reset codes, #3(5/8/14) measure all can buss voltages & drive with meter+ reset codes, #4(6/10/14)dealer thinks they have found a loose ground & replaced ECM/PCM module+reset codes, drove a couple hundred miles then returned. The loose pin may have been from replacing the harness and removing connectors multiple occasions. Vehicle has been in for 30 days of service combined. In 1857 miles the vehicle has failed 4 times. You have no speed indication while driving during and after the event. Feels like the brakes come on or car is forced into low gear throwing passengers forward and causing following cars to evade the car. There are many error codes during these events. After shutting the car off and restarting car multiple times all indicators will return to normal except for the check engine light. We have pictures and video of three of the events.

- So.Walpole , MA, USA

May 172014

CR-V 4-cyl

Tire pressure monitor systemp (TPMS) light come on every few miles. We had reseted it 50 time by now. All speed & temperatures. Dealers serviced this problem 3 times so far. Checked everything out ok. Customer forum mentioned a vehicle stability control firmware "vsa/ABS software update" & "sb#14-006 update". dealer applied firmware update May 8. but TPMS lights still came on. Problem not fixed by the firmware update.

- Yorktown Heights, NY, USA

Apr 012014

CR-V

I notice that there are many complaints about the tire pressure light coming on inadvertently for no reason. Why has no one made Honda address this problem. We already have a negligent GM with the Chevy cobalt. Don't let Honda get away with the same thing. Fix this problem!!!!

- Lakeville, MN, USA

Mar 122014

CR-V 4-cyl

I stopped the car but the car kept going out into traffic. Later that day, I pressed the brakes and had to stand up on the brakes trying to stop the car and the car kept moving. Car in front of me had to get out of my way. The car behind me had no problem stopping. In addition to that tire pressure indicator constantly comes on. Not a good design or vehicle. Wasted my money. Vehicle was recommended by my insurance company as being safe. I don't see it. Help.

- Chesterfield, MI, USA