7.1

2014 Honda CR-V fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Apr 292016

CR-V

The vehicle experienced a significant fuel line leak. After having it towed to dealer they advised an animal had chewed through the fuel line. They see this issue repeatedly. Honda has coated the fuel lines with a soy-based insulator that attracts animals. This is a safety problem.

- Lafayette, IN, USA

Sep 302015

CR-V

Has the tendency to stall when in motion, RPM drops to zero and with no power, was being driven on city street in sunny and good weather and temperature in the 60's second time this has happened, dealer said it was because of foot on brake pedal, per Honda tec, and that the brake was over riding by the gas causing the engine to stall was not using brake pedal at all.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Aug 152015

CR-V

My CRV is 16 months old; I parked in my new garage and on the next day I start the car and fuel is pouring out of the tank or fuel system or fuel pump. I shut down the car due to the pollution it could have casued. I called the dealer on Monday and had it towed. They tell me that a critter must have chewed through the line. How could this be. This is just another scam by Honda to cover all the recall costs they are having to deal with. My gas tank could have exploded because if was steaming on the undercarriage. My car has only 34,000 miles and this is them trying to get out of a $1,000 plus charge to me. Please help me; I have called Honda but no one is returning my calls and does not seem to care. This is a very dangerous and serious problem.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Oct 132014

CR-V

This is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. The front seat cannot be adjusted to my comfort....it does not stay up...I need to sit high and it is impossble to make it stay up because of where the lever to adjust it is. I really do not like the car at all, but the most annoying thing is not being able to see over the steering wheel. I have have been back to my dealership and they just blew it off...not thier problem...I would think there should be something that could be done. It is rough riding which I think is because of the tires on the car which I cannot afford to replace...I have 16,000 unhappy miles on the car. The car was puchaed new in 2013...it is a 2014.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Sep 012014

CR-V

The engine does not respond (intermittently) to the throttle. This makes for a very dicey situation when turning across oncoming traffic or accelerating from a full stop, e.g., a traffic signal. To overcome the problem, you have to quickly let up on the accelerator pedal and just as quickly apply pressure to the pedal to get the engine to respond. During these episodes the engine is just idling. I took the car to a dealership which performed diagnostics. The answer was the typical one that you receive from a dealership: 'we couldn't duplicate the problem". from postings on the internet, this has been a problem for years with Honda vehicles. In fact a dealership service writer told me that his brother has a Honda which has had the same problem almost from the day he purchased it. I'm not just imagining this. The problem appears to be the throttle body relay or the throttle body itself which would be very expensive to replace. This isn't just my imagination at work. It has the potential to create a deadly situation. Thanks.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 052014

CR-V

Car hesitates randomly from dead stop. Starts off at about 2 mph and does not accelerate until 5 to 10 seconds even though you are pressing on gas pedal. Honda has no explanation for the random occurrence. This has happened to me at least 20 times. Does not show up on computer diagnostics. Replaced 2014 CR-V after 10 weeks with 2015 CR-V. 2015 model has different issues. No more Honda!!! took a big financial hit on replacing a 2014 CR-V after 10 weeks with a 2015 CR-V. car too dangerous to drive.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

Nov 152014

CR-V

Our 2014 Honda CR-V (picked up the car 11/14/14) has a problem with hesitation during acceleration. Had 125 miles on the CR-V when the incident occurred in a local shopping center. After entering the center and going about 15 mph I stepped on the gas pedal and nothing. After a few seconds as I gently again pressed down on the accelerator the vehicle lurched forward. Scared the heck out of my wife and I. I hit the brakes. Then slowly pressed down on the gas pedal and the car responded okay. We went another 200 feet or so and was making a turn into a parking aisle when it did it again. Two people crossing the lot came close to being hit. This is very dangerous and unsafe. We will be returning to the dealership and want this fixed before someone is seriously hurt or worse.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Aug 212014

CR-V

Vehicle hesitates when accelerating from stop. This has happened several times when pulling into or across traffic. The hesitation is momentary but could be very dangerous.

- Concord, NC, USA

Apr 212014

CR-V 4-cyl

My Honda CRV has a problem with hesitation on acceleration that seems to be caused by the computer safety feature that keeps the engine from accelerating or running away when the brake is applied. This feature has a few second delay between the time the brake is released and the engine accelerating. When this happens while pulling into traffic it could cause an accident. If is especially noticeable while driving on mountain roads where you need to touch the brakes and then accelerate. The vehicle has been taken to sons Honda, mcdonough, ga twice and they have found no problem with the car. They have acknowledged that there is a problem but state that they have no answer on how to repair it. I have written to Honda regarding this problem but have not head anything from them.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Jun 022014

CR-V 4-cyl

Since the day I picked up the new CR-V it has had an intermittent problem when trying to accelerate. This is particularly dangerous when trying to change lanes in traffic or avoid another vehicle. It occurs randomly, 3-4 times a day. I will be moving at a moderate speed, 15 to 40 mph, and when I press the accelerator gently, the car slows down!! if I press harder, nothing happens for a few seconds and then it accelerates rapidly! this is very disconcerting. This problem is similar to NHTSA id number 10608235 but occurs only when I am already moving. I've taken the CRV to 2 different Honda dealers and they test drive it but the problem doesn't happen so they say it must be "normal". it isn't. it's dangerous! someone who actually understands how this vehicle works should be able to figure it out.

- Oakland, CA, USA