2014 Honda CR-V seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda CR-V:

2014 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Aug 282015

CR-V

I got into a head on collision and the passenger side seat belt came off of the frame, so if not for the air bag the passenger would have gone right into the window.

- Valley Village, CA, USA

Nov 152013

CR-V

Happened a few weeks after vehicle purchase, tire pressure warning light would come on all of a sudden. I reset it per the owners manual and would happen a few more times and have been fine until the most recent basic service at Honda of serramonte. Light came on again and I reset it, so far it's been fine. Happened early this year, a grinding noise could be heard almost every morning while starting the car. Does not happen later on in the day. Took vehicle to Honda of serramonte and left vehicle there so they could test it in the morning. Next day in the afternoon I went to pick up my vehicle, service rep wai wong who assisted me said technician did not hear the sound. She told me there are a few cases of this problem so far. I asked her for a service report for my records, she said it is not required because no work was performed on my vehicle. So I asked if the grinding noise would damage the engine, she promised very confidently that she is positive the engine would not be damaged by the grinding noise. It has still been making this grinding noise from time to time in the mornings only. Also, with a passenger sitting in the front passenger seat, the airbag off light would turn on from time to time. I've checked online for any recalls related to the above three issues I am having with my vehicle, but so far none to date.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Oct 242014

CR-V 4-cyl

The driver's seat belt needs a gadget to prevent the belt from injuring the driver's throat. These gadgets ( I tested several) twist the belt so that the belt is probably less effective in restraining the driver.

- Middleboro, MA, USA