CarComplaints.com Notes: Mercedes-Benz vehicles may come with an "Attention Assistant" to alert you if you fall asleep behind the wheel, but the 2015 Honda CR-V has a different approach: just shake the heck out of you so you never fall asleep in the first place.

Owners have complained that the popular SUV shakes violently both while idling and while driving. Buyer beware.

2015 Honda CR-V engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda CR-V:

2015 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Aug 092016

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that the vehicle lunged forward while attempting to pull into a parking space. The failure resulted in unintended movement of approximately eight feet and crashed into a building, which shattered the glass door. The vehicle was towed to a collision shop. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The failure mileage was 14,221. Updated 10/18/16 updated 11/17/16

- North Baldwin, NY, USA

Jun 072016

CR-V

I went alone to kohls on Arizona ave. I was almost ready to park and almost at a standstill and ready to put the car in park. I remember putting my foot on the break and it seemed stuck and a few seconds later I recall a surge of acceleration and the car would not stop even as I attempted desperately to put my foot on the brake to stop the car. The surge of energy seemed to pull-steer my car to the right and it hit a parked car that was 3 spots to the right as there were no cars in the empty parking spots next to this car. My car almost went sideways and hit the car's front passenger side tire area and damaged it pretty badly. I was not able to control the car during this accident. I am concerned that this was a malfunction of the brake or some other operating system. I reviewed with my insurance claims agent re: My concerns re: A malfunction of the car breaks or some other system; they took care of the claim but didn┐T provide any guidance re: How to pursue my concerns re; malfunction: I called american Honda company on June 13th and filed a complaint re; the accident to inform my concerns re: A malfunction that I feel caused this accident. I was given a case # 04758407 and told that I would be assigned a case manager who will call me within 24hrs. I was called by steven 310/783-2863 on 6/14 and let me know he was my case manager. In spite of many call to set up an apt to have my car evaluated, I have not yet received a call back to coordinate a time to get my car evaluated to see if there was any malfunction during this accident and explain to me how this could have happened w/O a malfunction as the accident is quite bizarre. I googled to see if Honda CR-V 2015S have had any break malfunctions┐I saw a report that had several incidents almost identical to mine in a parking lot or near parked position.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Nov 192015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving at an unknown speed, the vehicle stalled, decelerated, and lost power. The failure occurred without warning. When the contact depressed the accelerator numerous times, the vehicle operated normally. The failure was intermittent. The failure occurred seven times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 8,000.

- Vetura, CA, USA

Jan 042016

CR-V 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving 35 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 15,000. The dealer informed the consumer, the extra floor mat was sliding and blocking the accelerator. The floor mat, has since been removed. Updated 04/13/16.

- Putnam Valley, NY, USA

Jan 062016

CR-V

On three seperate occasions a warning light in the midi window an error message comes up: "some driver systems cannot operate"

- Mineola, NY, USA

Apr 042015

CR-V

The truck vibrates alot when it comes to a stop, at a traffic light.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Aug 192015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while driving at 35 mph, the accelerator pedal was depressed and the vehicle failed to respond. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was unable to be duplicated. The contact stated that the failure recurred several times. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where a software update was performed, however the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 4,188.

- Saddle Brook, NJ, USA

Jul 292015

CR-V

When entering a private elderly housing parking lot to attend a meeting, I was traveling in my 2015 Honda CRV at about 5 mph. After slowing for a speed bump, I went toward a parking spot traveling at about 2 mph where I could just pull straight in. When I tried to apply the brake, it was rock solid and vehicle seemed to self accelerate. The vehicle jumped the curb which had a steel drainage plate, and took out a sign knocking it to the ground. A resident at the facility was standing close by and it scared him so bad he took off. Had I been just a few feet closer to him, he would have been hit by my vehicle. The impact with the curb and sign slowed the vehicle to a stop. The bumper, valance, and right fog lamp all have to be replaced. The Honda CRV is three months old.

- Hammond, LA, USA

Jul 112015

CR-V

My car is 8 days old, started to vibrating on day 4th. Also lacks of power backing up. Updated 09/15/15

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jun 232015

CR-V

The contact owns a 2015 Honda CR-V. while approaching a parking lot at 2 mph, the vehicle accelerated independently. The contact ran over a concrete curb, struck a safety sign, and landed into two bushes. The contact was not injured and a police report was filed. The dealer was unable to locate any failures. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 400.

- Irving , TX, USA

Feb 182015

CR-V

I bought my Honda CR-V 2015 touring model December 15,2014 with 2 miles on it. On my way to work in February I was driving on the highway at about 70mph when all of a sudden I felt a jerk on my car, (I thought it was just wind since we were supposed to have some bad winter weather come through) I looked down and my check engine light came on and the speedometer was going down. I pulled over to the shoulder and put my car in park and turned it off and waited a few minutes, it restarted and everything was fine. It has since happened to me two more times.

- Tuttle, OK, USA

Nov 122014

CR-V 4-cyl

As I was trying to accelerate, the vehicle stopped responding. This has happened about 7 times now since I bought the vehicle new in Oct. 2014. It happens as I give the vehicle gas to accelerate - it seems to just stop accelerating - it lasts about 2 seconds, and then seems to recover. There is the sensation that the vehicle has shutdown/shutoff, but does not actually stall. Vehicle was taken back to the dealer who said they found nothing wrong. It typically happens between 50-65 mph, but has happened 1X under 15mph (was in a parking lot at that time). The first time it happened I had pulled into a high-speed lane, gave the car gas, but it just seemed to go dead for about 2 seconds.

- Bradford, MA, USA

Jan 172015

CR-V 4-cyl

Brand new vehicle on the third trip from home. The hesitation/vibration problem is noticeable (intermittent shuddering as if a wheel is out of alignment and/or the vehicle has just hit a patch of black ice, but related to the newly designed CRV transmission, a problem common to all CRV 2015 that does not yet have a fix) but what really stunned me was a sudden extremely high rev when going down a small hill. I was braking lightly at the time. (service told me that the transmission downshifts on hills, so, using the brake caused this. ??!!) it didn't last long, but the engine raced so completely out of control that the vehicle did not feel safe, and one had the sense that motion had seized up, although it kept moving. The noise was incredible. It didn't happen for a while, and I assumed it was due to using the brake on a hill (!!??). I stopped using the brake on hills and noticed that the transmission didn't always downshift, sometimes it shifted up as the vehicle gained speed! what to do... I brought the vehicle in to service about the vibration issue, on the 28th Jan, and was told that all CRV 2015 have this issue and there's no fix yet. I left cheerfully enough, and driving home, the surge/rev happened again, going up a hill, with no use of the brake. I called my salesman, and the next morning returned the vehicle to the dealership and asked for my money back, because the car is not safe to drive. He wouldn't give my money back until this problem is proven by a Honda Canada engineer on this or on another CRV 2015 vehicle. I left the car there. Canadians-- I need your help if you have this problem! see the CRV list and find me there. I owned it for 20 days, a little over 1000K (50 miles). The surge/rev problem only occurred twice, on winding hilly roads. The vibration/hesitation problem happens anywhere, but is more pronounced on winding hilly rds.

- Victoria, Bc V8w3r7, AK, USA

Jan 172015

CR-V

My 2015 Honda CRV touring had surged during initial start the past few days. I thought my foot hit both brake and accelerator during start up. It happened again today. I put the car in reverse and backed out of the garage when the surging stopped. I shut the car down and waited for my spouse to arrive. When I started the car again it surged to 4000 RPM then stopped. I shut the car down wondering what was going on. I again started the car to put it back into the garage rpms normal, shifted into drive and the car leaped forward a couple of feet before I could stop it and put it in park. The car was at this time surging and pulsing around 4000 RPM and would not stop. I shut the car down and had it towed to my Honda dealer since I could not drive it.

- Arvada, CO, USA