2016 Honda CR-V drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda CR-V:

2016 Honda CR-V Owner Comments

Nov 082016

CR-V

2016 Honda CR-V vibration issue - more than two months ago, I started to notice a slight vibration under my driver's seat when at idle, e.g. sitting at a traffic light. Shortly thereafter, I received a notice from ahmc regarding a software update that needed to be done asap on my vehicle. The notice mentioned that, "the software in the PCM causes a low pressure problem in the cvt. This may allow the belt in the cvt to slip. If the belt slips, you may see a surge in RPM when driving at highway speeds. If the belt slips the transmission will be damaged and dtc P1890 (the cvt speed control system) will set." The software update was completed about a month ago and since then, I have experienced a more pronounced vibration under my driver's seat and even into the front passenger seat. The intensity of the vibration varies, but it has not gone away. Now that I have hit the 5K mile mark and had my first service done, I am afraid that the older the transmission gets, the worse this problem might become. The service advisor told me that the software update had nothing to do with the vibration issue, but I am not convinced. Before buying this vehicle, my research indicated that many customers with the 2015 model started to report the vibration issue right around this time (5K miles + or around the first scheduled service) and for most, the problem became worse. I am convinced that these issues are related to the new cvt transmission. I have always been loyal to the Honda brand and I really like this vehicle, but I am starting to regret my purchase!!! :-(

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Nov 142016

CR-V

I am hearing a vibration when accelerating and decelerating. I took it to the dealer and was told that the heatshield was kinked wrong and replaced rear body heat shields. Still hearing and feeling vibration!

- Shawville, PA, USA

Oct 252016

CR-V

Vehicle "stalls" when: Backing out of driveway when accelerating after slowing down when making left or right turns after stopping or slowing down stalling does not occur every single time but occurs regularly. One one occation stall occured while making a left turn resulting confusion between driver in oncoming traffic and myself as I could not control the vehicle stall duration is between 1 to 3 seconds and it seems to be getting longer as the parts or system components are wearing. Stalls occur mostly in city driving I suspect that the trouble is within the "drive by wire" or the cvt

- Mililani Town, HI, USA

Aug 182016

CR-V

Vehicle was stopped on a sloped driveway, motor running, in park. Driver was standing outside the car with driver door open attempting to adjust driver seat position. Passenger reached over and pushed start/stop button (did not contact the shift lever). Vehicle started rolling backward, across street into neighbor's driveway and then came to rest in the middle of the street. Driver dropped and rolled and sustained minor injuries(scrapes and bruising) no police report filed.

- Northville, MI, USA

Aug 012016

CR-V

2016 Honda CR-V. consumer writes in regards to vehicle transmission hesitates, fail to accelerate and cut off. Dealership stated nothing wrong with the vehicle/

- Ramona, CA, USA

Jul 282016

CR-V

The contact owns a 2016 Honda CR-V. the contact stated that a buzzing noise was heard when the accelerator pedal was depressed. In addition, while driving at various speeds, the vehicle vibrated severely. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle was operated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed, but the cause of the failure was not found. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 136,000.

- Cleveland, OH, USA

Feb 292016

CR-V 4-cyl

Ntsb: 2016 Honda CRV: Consumer stated the car will stop while in drive, and it will also keep moving with the engine stopped without someone driving. The consumer stated he was able to bring the vehicle to a standstill on a slop., while the vehicle was still in drive, he was able to press the button to turn off the engine. The consumer stated in doing so, the vehicle could possibly roll away.

- Longmont, CO, USA