- February 8: Honda Accord Owner Carlos Solis Killed By Exploding Takata Airbag
- January 31: Over 2.1 Million Cars with Defective Airbags Recalled Again
- January 19: Honda and Takata Sued After Airbag Sends Shrapnel Into Woman's Chest
- January 9: Honda Fined $70 Million For Failing to Report Deaths and Injuries
- December 24: Honda Recalls Crosstour Over Takata Side Curtain Airbags
2003 Honda Civic
Worst 2003 Civic transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure26
- hesitates/revs when shifting8
- humming from transmission when clutch isn't engaged3
- transmission whines and stumbles upon acceleration3
- vibration during acceleration from a stop2
- plastic guard wore through transmission housing2
- rpms jumping2
- slips and smells of burning1
- stuck in gear1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission44
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.