- May 17: Heavy, Pricey Vehicles Really Are Safer To Occupants
- May 15: Honda CR-V Door Lock Lawsuit Finally Approved
- April 10: Exploding Takata Airbags Inflict Injuries to Honda Drivers
- March 18: Honda Recalls Accord, Civic and Pilot To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators
- March 9: Honda Recalls Accord and CR-V to Replace Engine Short Blocks
2003 Honda Civic
Worst 2003 Civic transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure26
- hesitates/revs when shifting9
- humming from transmission when clutch isn't engaged3
- transmission whines and stumbles upon acceleration3
- vibration during acceleration from a stop2
- plastic guard wore through transmission housing2
- rpms jumping2
- slips and smells of burning1
- stuck in gear1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission44
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.