CarComplaints.com Notes: The entire 2nd generation Odyssey (1999-2004) is just one giant transmission problem waiting to happen.

8.0

2002 Honda Odyssey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Honda Odyssey:

2002 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jul 102010

Odyssey

Dealer has replaced bracket, belt, tensioner pulley THREE times, the last time about 10 days ago. Bracket is already cracked again and squealing. Dealer reports that Honda admits that the problem is common and involves the mounting holes being incorrectly created.

Currently working with dealer, they are hinting around that the only fix may be replacing the engine block which would run over $6500! (I'm not even sure the car is worth that as a trade in)

So they sell me a car that was made wrong and now I'm the one they want to pay to correct the problem? Makes me wonder why they replaced it all those times before coming to this conclusion. I shouldn't have to pay for their quality mistake. If I end up replacing the car, pretty sure I wouldn't be able to buy Honda again....

- , Kettering, OH, USA