CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007-2009 was, at one point, the best selling minivan in the United States. But 2007 owners got the short end of that deal.

Peeling paint, a whining steering pump and an easily breakable A/C condenser are all top complaints about the 2007 model year. And anyone who doesn't think a busted minivan A/C is a big deal has never taken a summer road trip with kids.

2007 Honda Odyssey body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Odyssey:

2007 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 022016

Odyssey

My Honda Odyssey driver side sliding door had been shaking, making noises, and opening and closing mid way for a few weeks when the door finally popped out! we were returning from a family trip and after we pulled into our driveway around 1:30 am and parked, my husband used the sliding door to get our toddler out. As he reached in and picked her up, the door began to close and he pushed her back in. Then there was a loud banging noise and the door popped out and was hanging by the hinges. We could not blieve what just happened. Fearing that the door would fall off, we quickly took the kids in and my husband and son attempted to put the door back on as quickly and safely as we could with our phones flashlights for visibility. It took a while but they managed to lift and push it up where it was no longer hanging but wasn't closed all the way either. We covered the door and openings with trash bags to seal out the rain that was getting in. Later that morning we went out to inspect the damage. The trash bags had blown off and the seats were wet, the door had scratched the exterior of the van deeply. The next business day which was Monday the 4th, I called my Honda service station and told them what happened he said he had heard about the problem but I needed to call Honda corporate and see if they would pay for repairs. I called corporate and was told that due to he high mileage of my vehicle they would not pay. I told him that while researching why the door would just pop out, I found hundreds of complaints about the same issue and not all the vans had high mileage but Honda refused to help them too it was unsafe when the door was shaking and closing as we would try to get in or out but now we cannot get out of that door in case of anemergency I believe Honda has a serious safety issue with these doors and is refusing to acknowledge it.

- Cranford, NJ, USA

Aug 182016

Odyssey

My vehicle has a strong gassy smell when I start it up. Both my passenger doors have fallen off the hinges while stationery and my check fuel cap light constantly flashes while in motion.

- Fort Walton Beacj, FL, USA

Feb 052016

Odyssey

I was involved in a three car accident. I was the third car, we were leaving from a traffic light on highway Maryland 301 that just turned green. According to the driver of the second car, driver of car one slammed on her brakes after taking off. I than ran into car number two. I sustained front end damage and my air bags did not deploy.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Nov 212015

Odyssey

The automatic rear doors don't latch properly and can occasionally open during sharp turns.

- Spencer, NY, USA

Jun 022014

Odyssey

The paint has been peeling on the hood starting small and growing exponentially larger and expanding to the area on the roof between the windshield and sunroof. This defect has been noted in other cars similar to ours.

- Florence, SC, USA

Jul 212015

Odyssey

The passenger side sliding door will not close completely using powered closing mechanism. When the power mechanism is turned off on the dashboard and the door is closed manually by hand, it stays closed but only for a few seconds. Then the back part of the door pops open. It does not matter how many times the back of the door is pushed closed (and the lock button hurriedly locked) the back of the door will pop open. When it is being driven down the road/highway the door open light is on, the door is not closed completely and road/highway noise is heard from the partially open door. On occasion, (when turning right, going downhill, going over certain bumps) the light will go off and the door will "close" but this is only temporary. As soon as the turn is finished, not going downhill, or go over another small bump, the door will pop open in the back and the light will turn back on. This is a safety issue, especially because children are transported in the vehicle!

- Mount Arlington, NJ, USA

Jun 182014

Odyssey

Hi, I own Honda Odyssey 2007 and I've notice the paint from the roof top toward the front side is peeling off slow and its getting bigger and bigger. This paint is not cause by any accident damage or anything but I believe its defected by the Honda manufacture painting it self. I've checked online about this problem and a lot of owner of this type of car have the same problem. Honda company should be responsible to repair this kind of defect at no cost to any Honda owner's.

- Murrieta, CA, USA

May 222015

Odyssey

Approximately 3 weeks ago, my wife went out to our driveway to start her day and suddenly the passenger door and liftgate on our low mileage 2007 Honda Odyssey minivan would not open. Neither could be opened via remote or physical level (interior or exterior). At the same time, the right tail light stopped lighting. The dealership cannot explain the coincidence, which suggests some sort of electical issue which broke multiple actuators, but regardless it is a huge safety issue. Right now occupants could very well be trapped in the vehicle in an emergency. The dealer has provided an estimate of $1000 to repair, and I believe they should address the issue at their expense as there are many, many reports of Honda suffering from these door and liftgate issues. Please help make them accountable before someone is injured or killed. Thanks

- Ladera Ranch, CA, USA

Apr 132015

Odyssey

The sliding door completely fell off. This was unprovoked. I opened it and it didn't open all the way. I then attempted to close it and it was stuck so I turned off the electric part. Now that it was manual I attempted to close it and it fell off complete!

- Beverly, MA, USA

Jun 142013

Odyssey 6-cyl

The paint on our Honda Odyssey is failing. Honda offered a recall/warranty extension for this issue, but made no attempt to alert us about it until after the recall/warranty was expired. We specifically asked about any service bulletins or recalls before the recall/warranty expired and were told there were none. It wasn't until after the recall/warranty expired that were we told about it. Honda is now telling us that they will not repair the failing paint because the recall/warrenty is expired. We have tried to work through the local dealer and Honda's national customer service center to no avail. Honda's business strategy around this particular recall/warranty appears to be to hide information from consumers until they are no longer required to respond to specific problems with their vehicles. Please help us resolve this issue with american Honda. Thank you.

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Sep 192012

Odyssey

Sliding doors keep failing even after several replacements by Honda. Doors do not remain closed even when locked. Rear section of sliding door remains ajar. A side impact or side swipe crash could easily tear open the doors. Side airbag deployment could also cause injury if tripped by the failing doors. As I said this is an ongoing re-occurrence even after Honda repair. I know of several other Odyssey owners dealing with the same issue. Honda dealer admits they see many of these in 2007-2008 Odyssey'.

- Walton, NY, USA

Jan 292010

Odyssey 6-cyl

Lots of car stopped on the highway 65 mile speed limit, I stopped completely after few second later rear vehicle hit my van. Police came make report, rear car's fault. I did not ride ambulance. I see doctors, I thought I was O.K. but 10 month later I was in the hospital almost 2 months. I got surgery my upper back because my spinal was pinched by bone and leaking. Air bag did not deployed accident time, if it work, I did not injured. Rear car hit my van and my van hit in front of my car. My chair frame was lifted up rear door and bumper and body frame need straight.

- Plattsmouth, NE, USA

Mar 012014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Loss of power steering & difficulty turning steering wheel. Paint on top of the roof has begun to fade. Had to replace oil pan because of lug nut damage to pan. According to the mechanic damaged was caused to the oil pan due to the quality of metal within the lug nut that is of harsher material than the oil pan. Therefore, it caused damage to the oil pan that required us to have an immediate oil pan replacement during a routine oil change.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Nov 012013

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while attempting to stop the driver side power sliding door by positioning her body in the path of the door, the door continued to close entrapping the baby inside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Jan 012014

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that the rear lift gate failed while he unloaded items. The contact mentioned that as a result of the failure, the gate droped impacting the contact in the head. The contact inspected the lift gate and found the tail gate struts fractured. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer advised that the vehicle was not include in NHTSA campaign number 12V062000 (structure). The approximate failure mileage was 70,000 and the current mileage was 82,000.

- Moberly , MO, USA

Jan 262011

Odyssey

I received a recall notice relating to faulty vsa system in Honda Odyssey. My vehicle was totalled as a result of a single driver accident that occured on ct-15 merrit parkway in January 2011. It snowed that day in Connecticut although there was no visible snow on the highway when this happened and at a particular turn, the vehicle skidded (no break was applied), and after trying to control through turning the steering hit the road divider barricades facing forward and then sideways resulting into damage to radiator system and activating all air bags. I spoke with Honda representative today who advises that they cannot assist me further because vehicle is not available for inspection and they cannot therefore confirm or deny whether the issue was caused due to this matter. My request to speak to the supervisor was declined. I do not feel that my concerns were adequately addressed.

- Trumbull, CT, USA

Feb 062014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Passenger sliding door automatically opened while vehicle was in motion, exposing my 5 year old to serious injury. This is the 3rd occurrence. Baierl Honda of wexford pa cannot identify any faults even though the vehicle has been taken to them on several occasions.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jul 222013

Odyssey 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that the tailgate failed to stay open. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failed mileage was 87,000. Updated 09/05/13 the struts that supported the hatch failed. They were replaced at the local dealer. Updated 09/05/13

- Mahwah, NJ, USA

May 272013

Odyssey

Passenger side rear sliding door fell off when it was opened. Roller assembly had broken, cables were still attached.

- Lebanon, CT, USA

May 252011

Odyssey

Drivers side rear sliding door fell off when it was opened. Cables were still attached. Roller assembly had broken.

- Lebanon, CT, USA