NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 3)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.

From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.

By 2012 complaints dropped back down by about 80%. Needless to say, if you see a used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee on a lot just keep walking.

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Nov 272016

Grand Cherokee

I left my car running and in park to getsomething out my house and upon return my vehicle was missing. My vehicle rolled across a field and crash into a tree and none of the airbags deployed

Sep 012016

Grand Cherokee

The car will completely shut down all power off when slowing down or coming to a stop this has happened several times in the past year and has become very dangerous went out on the road could cause an accident or death please help

- Murrieta, CA, USA

Nov 182016

Grand Cherokee

My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland bought new started stalling randomly while driving causing me to loose control of the vehicle as when stalled I would have no power steering, or breaks. First happened at about 8000 miles, I took the Jeep to the dealer and they could not duplicate the issue so they sent me on my way this was the first of now 6 times it has been to the dealership for the same issue. I did get a recall notice in the mail for a tipm which decribes the issue very closely, and yes I did have them do the recall 2 times actually but vehicle is still stalling randomly nearly causing several accidents. The vehicle is currently at the dealership now, but now my case manager from Jeep customer care says the vehicle is out of warrenty and are charging me when they still cant properly diagnos the issue that has been happening since 8000 miles. I feel this should be covered under my original bumper to bumper warranty or the recall. It is Jeep fault they could not fix it the last 5 times. I feel unsafe for myself and children to be in this Jeep, it is a death trap!!!! I can't sell the Jeep because I don't want to kill anyone else. Last time I was driving I was going 55 mph and making a right turn to go across a bridge. I ended up in the oncoming lane of traffic almost hitting the guard rail. Everyone was honking, I put the Jeep in park and pushed the start button. It started right back up. This is after the recall was done the second time. Jeep does not seem to care who's life they are putting at risk. I just want a proper diagnosis, or my money back I paid for the death trap.

- Chubbuck, ID, USA

Nov 112016

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle has shut off while driving a number of times. Two incidents were while I was sitting idle at a stop light. Two other incidents happened while in motion, slowing down, approaching a stop light or stop sign. There is a recall for a fuel pump relay describing similar situations but my VIN shows no such recall.

- Keller, TX, USA

Jun 172016

Grand Cherokee

Ac/heating blend doors hot on one side and cold on the other no matter what the settings are on. Said it's the consumers responsibility to fix $767....but there are tons of complaints found on google and from speaking to other Jeep owners.

- Sandy Springs, GA, USA

Oct 192016

Grand Cherokee

My car has been in and out of the shop for the past year. Two years ago my fuel pump went out and that was replaced at that time and was also a recall situation. Since then the same fuel pump has been replaced 5 times and the same problem keeps occurring. My car will stall and not start. After the fifth fuel pump I called the company and opened a case and was told they couldn't duplicate the problem. Two separate dealerships have looked at my vehicle and were unable to detect the problem. Since then the same problem has happened twice and I can't seem to get any help. Please help!

- Bellville, TX, USA

Oct 162016

Grand Cherokee

Leather dash is delaminating and bubbleling around airbag.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Oct 052016

Grand Cherokee

Oil filter cooling housing assembly is broken at only 62,000 miles. The repair cost is over $500 at the dealership. I was notified of the issue when I took the vehicle in for an oil change.

- Trinity, NC, USA

Sep 032016

Grand Cherokee

The leather on the dashboard is curling and wrinkling up especially on the passenger side. I am concerned with it interfering with the deployment of the airbag.

- Altoona, PA, USA

Aug 012016

Grand Cherokee

I have a recall and the dealer, nielsen Dodge Chrysler Ram in East hanover NJ would not honor the recall and fix my recall. Deplorable service and should be stripped of their dealership license for safety reasons

- Verona, NJ, USA

May 052016

Grand Cherokee

The sun visors on the passenger side caught on fire the lining was burned, the compass on the dashboard was out as well. Also I have been having a problem with the driver airbag light it has been turning on and off for the past 3 years. I have taken it multiple times to the dealership service to get fixed and they are unaware of the problem. It is a safety issue because if I was to get in an accident the airbag will not deploy.

- Porterville, CA, USA

Aug 122016

Grand Cherokee

On 8/12/16 I got my vehicle back from the dealership after it shut off 2weeks prior while driving and did not start again. It was then diagnosed that the starter was burnt. Keep in mind now I've been experiencing hard start and stalling issues since June 2012. Got a new starter for almost $500 and that seems to correct the hard start so far. However, the stalling became worst and the brakes is not holding when the vehicle stalls. This vehicle stalls about 5-10 times a day maybe even more depending on where I'm going. I actually have to put extreme pressure on the pedal or push gear in neutral or park when it stall or I would be in an accident by now. It is too long now that this vehicle has been S experiencing these issues and putting my family and I in extreme danger these 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 's needs to be recalled all together before it cause someone their life.

Aug 132016

Grand Cherokee

My wife and I received a notice that our Jeep Grand Cherokee had a recall on sun visors and vanity lamp wiring. The letter stated we needed to contact our Chrysler dealer and schedule a appointment as to be sure they had the parts to fix it. We called August 10 and were told to have Jeep on there lot at 9 a.M. on August 13 and they would have the parts there to fix it. This was cumberland Chrysler, cookeville Tennessee. We arrived on time and dropped it off and were told it would take about 3 hours to fix. At 11:10 someone from the dealership called and told us they did'nt have the parts! my wife and I got up early on a Saturday morning to have the Jeep on there lot by 9 and this is what we get! also why call and make an appointment if the dealership is not going to keep it. They were supposed to start on it at 9 a.M. and didn't even bother to start until 11:10! just wanted to give Chrysler a heads up about this dealership and to inform them to not pay them for fixing this vehicle! just in case they summit a claim because they did not do anything. Again the dealership was cumberland Chrysler, cookeville Tennessee. Thanks for your time.

- Baxter, TN, USA

Sep 012015

Grand Cherokee

Jeep Grand Cherokee manufacturers recall R-71. Sun visor fire hazard. Recall hasn't been repaired or recall repair date hasn't been sent to me.

- Bedford, TX, USA

Aug 052016

Grand Cherokee

Have been receiving recalls for a year maybe on problem with visors. I have taken it to dealer 3 times, , no parts available. I called daimler Chrysler and was "put on a list". that was months ago.. now I have received another recall notice for the same problem!

- North Providence, RI, USA

Jul 282016

Grand Cherokee

From 2012 I've been experiencing issues with my vehicle having a hard start and stalling while driving it eventually got worst and on 7/28/16 it stalled and never start again. I smell something burning under the hood but don't know what it is. I am now out of a vehicle because for four years a solution not found for the problem. My solution is that the whole vehicle needs to be recalled. This vehicle has been putting my family in danger for years.

Feb 012016

Grand Cherokee

Dashboard is bubbling and pulling away from adhesive. Dealership told me this is a defect of the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee, and the only fix is to replace it........started as one little bubble and has progressively gotten worse. The leather is drying out where it is pulling away from the adhesive. Jeep (mopar) conversation stated they could file a complaint but not help in the repair costs.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Jul 202016

Grand Cherokee

For the past four years I've been having trouble with my vehicle starting and stalling while driving. The problem became worst over the past week as the vehicle stalls while banking corners or just driving on a straight stretch. It stalls about 3 to 4 times just to go from point a to point B which is normally 2 miles or less. Twice someone almost rear end me because of this problem. It's time for a recall of this vehicle all together

Jun 132016

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle check engine light comes on, vehicle loses power and eventually stalls. This has been going on for about a year and has happen about 4 times

- Middletown, DE, USA

Mar 282016

Grand Cherokee

The vehicle is continuously powering itself off while I'm driving and safety features are failing. The mechanical error is happening randomly whetherbinam in traffic and or cruising down a city street. This is due to a known issue with tipm, that Chrysler has covered up in the past per second class action complaint case no. 13-cv-08080-ddp-vbk. I have been experiencing this issue with my vehicle and have I have received no resolution from Chrysler or the dealer. I am afraid that this vehicle is going to cause injury to myself or someone else.

- Rochester, NY, USA