CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.

It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.

The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 8 of 12)

May 302014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The dealer informed the contact that only three parts per week were being made available. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Carleton, MI, USA

May 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the parts needed for the repair were unavailable. The dealer stated that they only received three parts, but did not specify if the parts were received weekly or monthly. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Nampa , ID, USA

May 022014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer stated that the part was unavailable for repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced the failure.

- Marlboro, NY, USA

Aug 272014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The contact stated that the time frame for the recall repair is unreasonable. The manufacturer was made aware of the time frame the contact has waited. The contact has not experienced a failure.

- Oakley, UT, USA

Jun 092014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the dealer would be unable to repair the vehicle for two months because the parts were not available. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Porturin, MI, USA

Jan 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the vehicle jerked intermittently when the brake pedal was depressed. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 21,000. Updated 12/01/14 updated 01/27/15

- Owensboro , KY, USA

Aug 252014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 11/20/14 updated 12/02/14

- Waynesburg , PA, USA

Aug 152014

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

I had brought my Grand Cherokee in for a recall I received. I was told that I needed a booster and shield for my brakes & they would call me when the parts came in but the car was safe to drive. On 8/13 I called to follow up since I hadn't heard anything from the dealer & was told the parts were on back order and they weren't sure when the parts would be in but again told the car was safe to drive. I explained to them I was hearing air when I pressed on the brake they said that was the booster but it was fine. On 8/15 at 6am on my way to work I was doing 75mph with the flow of traffic. The car infront of me slammed on his brakes I did the same, but my car didn't stop. Thankfully it was early enough that I was able to swerve an not crash or die! I then got to work and had my car towed to the closest dealer, I wasn't given the option of a rental car until that evening and with my work hours I was not able to get a rental until Monday. I picked up my car on 8/22 after they were able to track down the booster &shield. On my way home about 20min into the drive my traction light and check engine light came on. I took the car to my local dealer & they told me that when the dealer who fixed the booster and shield didn't do the recall properly & didn't adjust the the brake switch properly. I was driving with my brake lights on & the lights stayed on even when I was outside the car. They told me I was lucky that the car didn't power down on me & shut off. They dealer where I was fixed the brake switch thankfully, but more importantly the booster blew on my car and I almost died!!! I feel someone needs to know about this and hope that putting it on here will make people aware that with this recall the car is not safe to drive. I was lucky, but someone else may not be.

- Bellingham, MA, USA

Jun 182014

Grand Cherokee

I bought the car brand new from safford Chrysler Jeep Dodge of warrenton, va. The car makes noises because of a defective absorber, which has been clearly determined in a manufacturer tsb. Also the car has a safety recall for brake booster issues. I took the car to the dealership (safford Chrysler Jeep Dodge of warrenton, va) last June 14, 2014 and they have recognized both issues but didn't have the parts needed in stock to do the repairs. After 2 months and several calls we are getting the same excuses and the repairs are still due. I am afraid they dealership is doing everything to avoid the repair and probably down the road say the car is not under warranty anymore. In the meantime we have a car with a recall and tsb issue that is not getting better.

- Haymarket, VA, USA

May 022014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I have been calling my dealership regarding a brake booster recall for 3 months, I have called 6 times and all im told is your on the waiting list. It should be 3 weeks, then I'm told the same thing when I call back in 3 weeks. Called today & got the run around again. Apparently Chrysler isn't to concerned about peoples safety. I also had a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee with brake issues, you think they would have corrected the problem. This will be the last Chrysler/Jeep vechicle I will own.

- Milltown, NJ, USA

Jul 172014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that when depressing the brake pedal there would be an abnormal noise, which occurred intermittently. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer stated that the part was not available for repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Corning, NY, USA

Jun 102014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 10/23/14 the recall was completed. Updated 10/30/14

- Bucyrus, OH, USA

Apr 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part needed for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ridgeville, SC, USA

May 302014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the parts needed for the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer was notified and the vehicle was repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Moab, UT, USA

May 082014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I am filing a complaint against grand junction Chrysler. I received a recall notice in may and it is now August. They claim they have been waiting for the parts. This recall is for brake booster VIN (last 8 characters) CC289170; notification code: P14 P14/NHTSA 14-V154.

- Grand Junction, CO, USA

May 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign number 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part to do the repairs was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Jul 052014

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

On three separate occasions over the past two months, I have experienced an unanticipated engine stall when decelerating from highway speed in order to make a turn (both right and left). In each of these instances, as I was in the turn (or immediately before), the engine stalled, leaving me without power-assisted steering or brakes. This makes the vehicle difficult to control, as the amount of physical force needed to complete a turn is very substantial. In each instance, after bringing the vehicle under control, I was able to restart it by placing the shift selector in "neutral, " applying pressure to the brake pedal, and pushing the engine start button. While I have sufficient arm strength to have been able to maintain control in each of these instances, it is, at a minimum, a surprising and unexpected event to have steering and brake assist fail simultaneously. A smaller person could easily lose control of the vehicle under these circumstances. I do not know whether, when this occurs, the airbags are disabled, but that may also be a matter of concern.

- Naperville, IL, USA

Aug 142014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The dealer stated that only one part was being made available per week. As a result, the contact had to be placed on a waiting list. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cody, WY, USA

Aug 112014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the parts needed for the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 10/22/2014 updated 04/2/2015

- Springlake , NJ, USA

Aug 082014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign id number 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and stated that the part was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. There were no failures at this time.

- Moon Township , PA, USA