- July 24: Mazda Recalls Mazda6, CX-7 and CX-9 to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 1 days ago
- June 29: Mazda Recalls Mazda3 and Mazda6 Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 26 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 37 days ago
- June 7: Mazda Recalls RX-8 Cars Over Steering and Fire Risk Problems recalls | 48 days ago
- June 3: BMW, Mazda, Subaru and Toyota Will Settle Takata Lawsuits news | 52 days ago
NHTSA — Air Bags: Side/Window Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Mazda CX-7 appears to share the same engine defects as the three previous model years: VVT/timing chain failure & turbo failure. The timing chain failure is especially bad with many cars requiring an engine replacement ($9,000+).
In 2011, Mazda began a "Special Service Program" that extended the warranty to 7 years/70,000 miles covering excessive timing chain noise — an early sign of timing chain failure. However coverage under the program requires perfect documentation of all required maintenance with other stipulations. Buyer beware.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 6,700 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
seat belts / air bags problem