CarComplaints.com Notes: So far Mazda seems to have fixed the serious engine & A/C defects that plagued the 2007-2010 CX-7s. We're giving it a tentative "Good" rating for now.

6.8

2011 Mazda CX-7 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mazda CX-7:

2011 Mazda CX-7 Owner Comments

May 072013

CX-7 4-cyl

From the day I purchased my CX7 the brakes were not working properly and the air conditioner made loud banging noises and does not get cold. When I was at my wits end and took CX7 to dealer at 9,600 miles Mazda said I had a bad master cylinder and replaced it. When the master cylinder was replaced my check engine light came on. Mazda ordered another master cylinder and a brake booster. When these were replaced my check engine light came on again. Mazda said my engine was running on a lean mixture and corrected this. The check engine light is off CX7 runs very roughly. Only use premium gasoline and synthetic motor oil. Mazda field representative advised me and dealer that loud noise from air conditioner is normal and typical of all similar Mazda vehicles. I have this documentation regarding A/C in writing from Mazda. Air conditioner barley gets car cool, is ineffective when temperature is ninety degrees. My brakes are slightly better, but still low and soft. CX7 runs extremely rough and is getting very poor gas mileage.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA