2010 Mazda MAZDA3 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mazda MAZDA3:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 6)

Sep 052014

MAZDA3

I noticed that my dash board has started to melt creating a visibility problems. It is very sticky.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA

Jan 132014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

My Mazda3 dashboard is melting. I have never used any chemical substances to clean the interior of my car. I live in South Florida and I've recently been using a sunshade protector but that doesn't not seem to be helping. The glare from the dashboard affects my vision of the road. I constantly have to clean my windshield with mild dish soap because the residue transfer from my sunshade onto my windshield. The cost of replacing my dashboard is not included in my extended warranty package. I have complained to my Mazda dealer on multiple occasions, but I was told that I would have to pay $1,200 to replace this problem. Is there anything that can be done?

- Miramar, FL, USA

Dec 302013

MAZDA3

The dashboard is melting on the mound above the steering wheel, in direct line of view of road and continues to spread. Sticky glue type texture that never dries. Unable to put a sun blocker in the vehicle to contain the spreading issue and while driving it creates glare.

- Covington, LA, USA

Sep 072014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

My dashboard is melting and has been for the last year. The glare this causes on the windshield makes it hard to see.

- Riviera Beach, FL, USA

Sep 062014

MAZDA3

My Mazda 2010 dashboard appears to be melting.

- Riverview, FL, USA

Sep 102013

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The dashboard is melting away, very sticky and very shiny causing the sun to impair vision as I'm driving.

- Sanford, FL, USA

Jul 012014

MAZDA3

The dashboard of my Mazda3 seems to be melting. The bright shiny plastic is creating a glare that hinders my vision while driving. The plastic is sticky to the touch. Also, when my car has been sitting for awhile during the day it smells of melted plastic when you get back into it.

- Port Wentworth, GA, USA

Apr 022014

MAZDA3

I have a 2010 Mazda 3, bought brand new, off the lot in 2010 and the dashboard is melting, causing a severe glare on the windshield. This is causing me a driving hazard as the glare makes it hard to see! the dash material is also cracking and melting around the ac vents.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Sep 032014

MAZDA3

The dashboard is melting causing a reflection on the front window which is a driving hazard as the reflection on the window causes limited visibility while driving. Dashboard is melted and sticky to the touch, mostly in front of the drivers side but also to a lesser degree on passenger side. No chemicals have been used on the dashboard.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 152014

MAZDA3

Dashboard is melting. It has not been exposed to any chemicals that would cause it.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Aug 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Vehicle has the melting dashboard issue reported on Nissan, Mazda, Lexus and Toyota www.abcactionnews.com/money/consumer/taking-action-for-you/hundreds-of-drivers-say-their-dashboard-is-melting-and-car-makers-are-not-issuing-A-recall www.mazda3forums.com/showthread.php?T=458121.

- Tampa , FL, USA

Sep 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Car's dashboard is melting close to the windshield. It is shiny and sticky, and the reflection of the shining dash can sometimes be seen in the windshield.

- Winter Park , FL, USA

Mar 242014

Dashboard melting.

- North Lauderdale, FL, USA

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting, which has made the surface highly reflective. This results in poor visibility when it reflects into the windshield. Could lead to accident if it remains as-is.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

MAZDA3 4-cyl

The top of the dashboard near the windshield is melting. The dashboard is sticky to the touch and has a very glossy look to it. When driving during certain times of the day, the dashboard causes a glare on the windshield in front of the driver making it difficult to see while driving the vehicle.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Black 2010 Mazda 3, purchased used in December 2011; about a year and a half later the dash started getting sticky and now it is literally melting. I have never used any cleaning products on the interior of the car and when I do clean the inside of my car, I use a soft towel. Now I cant even clean my dashboard, due to the stickiness and possibility of ruining it even more. The dash causes a severe glare while driving and I feel this lack of visibility is a hazard to the operator of the vehicle, passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Aug 272014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting on my daughters car.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Apr 012014

MAZDA3 4-cyl

Dashboard is melting and causing glare on windshield. Continues to get progressively worse with the heat. Visibility getting worse as well.

- St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Dec 102013

MAZDA3

Dashboard melted from heat, made the dashboard sticky and shiny to the point where visibility can be affected if the sun hits it the right way making it difficult to see spots in the road. Potential hazard to hit, property, pets, or even small children. If they can recall Mazda for spiders in their engines then we should be able to recall to fix this visibility hazard.

- Plantation, FL, USA

Jul 072014

MAZDA3

The contact owns a 2010 Mazda 3. the contact stated that the dashboard was melting. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing, but the mechanic was unable to determine the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 25,250.

- Memphis, TN, USA