- April 7: General Motors Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 28 days ago
- March 30: GM Ignition Switch Trials - GM: 2, Plaintiffs: 0 news | 36 days ago
- March 15: GM Says Ice Caused Saturn Sky Accident, Not the Ignition Switch news | 51 days ago
- February 16: Saab and Saturn Cars Recalled To Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 79 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Saturn dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ahh, the 2004 Saturn Ion: defective transmission, deadly ignition switch, temperamental power steering and a cheap plastic exterior that won’t protect you in a crash. What more could you want?
The 2004 Ion was part of GM’s massive ignition switch recall where it was revealed they waited 10 years – and let 13 people die – before doing anything about it. It also features GM’s now infamous VTi continuously variable transmission. Let me tell you, the only thing the VTi did continuously was fail on its owners. GM scrapped it after only two model years.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 121,820 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 12 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (4 reports)
- not sure (4 reports)
- replace transmission (4 reports)