- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 17: GM Ignition Switch Class-Action Lawsuits Begin
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
2005 Saturn Ion
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2005 Ion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems10NHTSA complaints: 130
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- AC / heater problems1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 23
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 206
- transmission problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problemsNHTSA: 14
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 7
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 6
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn Ion Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Ion compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn Ion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ion.