- April 7: General Motors Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- March 30: GM Ignition Switch Trials - GM: 2, Plaintiffs: 0 news | 31 days ago
- March 15: GM Says Ice Caused Saturn Sky Accident, Not the Ignition Switch news | 46 days ago
- February 16: Saab and Saturn Cars Recalled To Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 74 days ago
2005 Saturn Ion
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Ion still had power steering issues and a defective ignition switch leftover from previous model years, but hey – at least Saturn improved some of its safety rating to marginal, right? Baby steps.
If you had to buy a Saturn Ion – and I would question why anyone would even consider it – I suppose the 2005 could be considered the best of a bad bunch? I mean, GM did finally get rid of that awful VTi transmission, and both the power steering problems and ignition switch defect that plagued owners were recalled. The problem is they waited 10 years to recall the ignition and let over 30,000 warranty claims get filed before they bothered to fix the power steering. So you kind of have to wonder, is GM making these fixes to keep owners safe or just to keep government lawyers from taking all their money? You be the judge.
Worst 2005 Ion transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn Ion Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Ion compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn Ion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ion.