- April 10: GM Re-Recalls Ignition Switch For Another Defect
- April 8: GM Fined $7,000 a Day For Missing Ignition Switch Deadline
- March 31: GM Recalls 1.3 Million Cars for Power Steering Problems
- March 29: Emergency Motion Filed Against GM to 'Park It Now'
- March 28: GM Recalls Another 824,000 Cars for Ignition Switch Defect
- March 17: GM Ignition Switch Class-Action Lawsuits Begin
- March 17: It's March Madness For GM: Another 1,500,000 Vehicles Recalled
- March 14: Safety Group Accuses Government of Ignoring 303 GM Car Fatalities
- March 6: Test Time: U.S. Government Takes General Motors Back to School
- February 26: Former NHTSA Administrator Says GM Committed 'Immoral Act'
- February 25: GM Waits 10 Years to Recall Over 1 Million Cars
2006 Saturn Ion
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2006 Ion Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems31NHTSA complaints: 252
- interior accessories problems25NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems9NHTSA complaints: 431
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems5NHTSA complaints: 13
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 162
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- transmission problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- clutch problems1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 41
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 17
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 14
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Saturn Ion Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Ion compares to other years?
Check out our Saturn Ion overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Ion.