- May 19: NHTSA Petitioned to Investigate Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky investigations | 11 days ago
- May 6: Saturn Ion Owner Hangs Himself After Deadly Crash news | 24 days ago
- April 7: General Motors Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit news | 53 days ago
- March 30: GM Ignition Switch Trials - GM: 2, Plaintiffs: 0 news | 61 days ago
- March 15: GM Says Ice Caused Saturn Sky Accident, Not the Ignition Switch news | 76 days ago
Key Stuck In Ignition
2006 Saturn Ion (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Saturn dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: When it comes to the 2006 Ion, the biggest questions are: what big problem is going to pop up next? And how long until GM chooses to address it?
The 2006 Ion has a defective ignition switch that gave owners fits. Their keys would get stuck in the ignition, the engine wouldn’t shut off or in some cases it would shut off at the most dangerous time. The ignition was eventually recalled as part of one of the largest recalls of all-time , but it took GM 10 years to do it. Then there’s this car’s temperamental power steering which is prone to stop working randomly while driving. It too was eventually recalled, even if GM took their sweet time about it.
Lastly, it turns out a car built with plastic doors, fenders and bumpers – while fun for a game of “shopping cart bocce” – is horrible for safety.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 56,686 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 31 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace ignition cylinder (19 reports)
- not sure (12 reports)
- removed computer chip (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem