NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2007 Saturn Ion (Page 3 of 3)

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: With the 2007 model year we finally get to bid adieu to a car famous for poor safety marks, a dangerously defective ignition and power steering that would work … sometimes.

2007 Saturn Ion seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Ion:

2007 Saturn Ion Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 182014

Ion

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Ion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number 14V047000 (air bags, electrical system). The contact was not able to have the vehicle repaired under the recall because the part needed was unavailable. The dealer was unable to provide an expected date for when the remedy part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hanover, PA, USA

Feb 052014

Ion

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Ion. The contact stated that the driver lost control of the vehicle and crashed head-on into a second vehicle. The contact indicated that the air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed however, there were no injuries. The vehicle was not inspected to determine the cause of the air bag failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 122013

Ion

I rear ended another vehicle going 30 mph. Completely destroyed the front end of my vehicle, and yet the airbags did not deploy. Instead of my airbags stopping my head from hitting anything my face hit the steering wheel and my eye socket was fractured.

- Rochester, NH, USA

Jun 142013

Ion

Tsb #060941008 airbag readiness light on with dtc B0081 or B0092 set in passenger presence system (pps) SDM. Why isn't this a recall? when this issue happens the airbag system is disabled. It's been a known problem since 2007 and it is almost $900 to get fixed.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Jul 222010

Ion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Ion. The contact stated that he was involved in a crash where a vehicle cut in front of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact and a passenger sustained shoulder and chest injuries. A police report was filed and the police officer stated that the impact should have warranted air bag deployment. Prior to the crash, the air bag warning light was illuminated sporadically. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for repairs. The vehicle was not inspected for the cause of the air bag deployment failure. The failure mileage was 28,786 and the current mileage was 46,000.

- Worchester, MA, USA

Feb 172013

Ion 4-cyl

I was recently in an accident and now a little while later my airbag light is coming. I want to know why after so many complaints about this same issue nothing has been done about it. Obviously something is wrong with the airbags...

- Auburn, WA, USA

Jan 062011

Ion 4-cyl

Almost a year ago I started having problems with my airbag light coming on. This light is telling me that the driver side airbag will not deploy if I were in a accident. This light comes on periodically, most of the time it comes on when it is hot outside. Prior to this light coming on I had problems with my power steering locking on me while I was driving. The power steering was a recall. I am not sure if these two events have anything to due with one another but this car is very unsafe if the airbags do not deploy if a accident and the power steering locks up on you while you are driving on the freeway.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Jul 252010

Ion

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Ion. The contact stated the air bag warning light illuminated on a consistent basis. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer who advised her that the front passenger air bag sensor failed and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not contacted nor had the vehicle been repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 40,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Aurora, CO, USA

Jan 012011

Ion

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Ion level 2. the contact was driving approximately 35 mph when she crashed into the rear of another vehicle and the air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. Approximately two weeks later, the air bag warning light was illuminated and she contacted the on star service center where she was advised that there was a defect within the air bag system and if involved in a crash, the air bags would not deploy. Both the dealer and manufacturer were contacted and advised the contact to file a complaint. The vehicle was not repaired. The current mileage was 86,000 and the failure mileage was 84,000.

- Coolidge, AZ, USA

Nov 142008

Ion

The contact owns a 2009 (na) Saturn Ion 3. while attempting to make a left turn at a stop light, another vehicle struck the front passenger side of the contact's vehicle. The motor and radiator were pushed into the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy, but the contact was uninjured. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed by the insurance company. The speed of the other vehicle was unknown. The failure and current mileages were less than 5,000.

- Wheeling, IL, USA

Nov 072008

Ion

I am writing to request auto manufacturers and places that rent or loan vehicles. I am a person of short stature and require the use of pedal extensions. Is there any chance of getting something passed to enforce dealerships, auto rental, etc. And manufacturers to install pedals that extend so that a person with my height would be 12 inches away from the airbag?

- Uncasville, CT, USA

Jul 252008

Ion

Purchased a 2007 Saturn Ion 2 with 20K and I've had it for less then 2 weeks and driven it about 80 miles or so. The key would not turn completely to turn off the ignition and when I was finally able to force the stuck key out of the ignition it continued running. Faulty ignition switch. The second problem that I had 3 days prior was airbag warning light which is currently being serviced.

- Cosat Mesa, CA, USA

Dec 222007

Ion

Airbag readiness light comes on with trouble code B0092 in passenger presence system. Vehicle has been in repair facility 6 times for the problem, and re-occurs within a few miles of repair. Replacement of pps module in passenger seat does not solve the problem.

- Independence, IA, USA

Nov 272006

Ion

Airbag did not deploy after an auto accident. I was cut off by a car from the right lane while traveling on I280 in northern California. I was forced into the next lane to my left to avoid a collision - I lost control of the car and hit the guardrail head on. I was traveling between 60-65 mph prior to the accident. The car was a rental (enterprise-rent-A-car) - my attempts to receive information as to any possible defects of the car from enterprise (& elco admin services) have proved fruitless. I repeatedly informed enterprise that I was not injured and that for my own piece of mind I simply wanted to know why the airbag did not deploy.

- San Jose, CA, USA