1997 Toyota Camry steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Toyota Camry:

1997 Toyota Camry Owner Comments

Jul 312004

Camry XLE V6

1997 Toyota Camry has a really bad leak(s). I have had the rack pinion replaced a 2 times and all hoses. I explained to the dealership the rack pinion had been replaced this was back in 2005, Toyota?Lexus dealership was on Preston Road, Plano, Texas. They ripped me off and said they replaced it again. They did not have the old one to show to me, but charged me over $1000 plus for a non-repair. They asked me to leave their business because I told them it was still leaking and why would they not want to show me the part that was supposedly removed. I am a single female and they just simply ripped me o f for $1000 plus dollars. To this day my car is still leaking and I had other certified mechanics to search for leak. All hoses replaced several times. Still has not stopped. Replaced oil pan seal a couple of times, replaced other seals, etc. Nothing can be found. Did the dye leak again a few months ago - no detection. What is wrong with my 1997 Toyota Camry? This car will still out run even the new Corvette's.

- , Plano, TX, USA