- October 22: Toyota Recalls Highlander to Reconnect Brake Fluid Sensor recalls | 3 days ago
- October 19: Lexus Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Alleges Sunroof Glass is Defective news | 6 days ago
- October 16: California DMV Welcomes Federal Driverless Car Guidelines news | 9 days ago
- October 12: Toyota Recalls Prius Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 13 days ago
- September 15: Toyota Recalls Prius to Fix Spasmatic Airbags recalls | 40 days ago
2004 Toyota Camry
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2004 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2004 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2004 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
Worst 2004 Camry accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- cd player ejects cd's1
- headliner is coming loose1
- intermittent shifter interlock problem1
- pedal assembly went out1
- speaker covers deteriorate1
- unreadable odometer1
- NHTSA: Equipment3
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc.2
- NHTSA: Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks2
- NHTSA: Child Seat1
- NHTSA: Child Seat: Tether (Strap) 1
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Anti-Theft Devices1
- NHTSA: Seats1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Head Restraint1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Power Adjust1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.