- July 22: Toyota Recalls Avalon Hybrid and Camry Hybrid recalls | 3 days ago
- July 20: Southeast Toyota Distributors Recalls Tacoma and 4Runner recalls | 5 days ago
- June 29: Recall: Lexus ES 350 Cars Can Lose Steering Control recalls | 26 days ago
- June 20: Toyota Sienna Power Sliding Door Lawsuit Filed in Missouri news | 35 days ago
- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 37 days ago
Blown Head Gasket
CarComplaints.com Notes: Beware of the NHTSA complaint data for the 2004 Camry. It is almost certainly misleading.
The problem with NHTSA data for the 2004 Camry is that for months on end, the news media repeatedly told the public that several Toyota models had an unintended acceleration defect, & to go to safercar.gov (the NHTSA's website) to file a complaint.
So, the NHTSA received a disproportionate number of complaints about unintended acceleration issues because of the national news media attention, to the point where their data is unreliable taken in context with any other vehicle that did not receive national news attention.
CarComplaints.com typically receives more complaints per day about vehicles than the NHTSA does, but the news media did not repeatedly say "go to CarComplaints.com to report your Camry acceleration problems" like they did about the NHTSA -- so although we have less complaint data than the NHTSA for the 2004 Camry, our data for the Camry is a far more statistically accurate representation of the Camry's reliability than what the NHTSA data shows.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 136,702 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (1 reports)